January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're a very wealthy football club nonetheless. Certainly wealthy enough to maybe pay over the odds once in a while to improve the quality of our ermmmm.. football team
But for which players should we pay over the odds?
Would you have been happy if we had spent another £8m on N’dombele?
£10 on GLC?
you could go on and on. There’s no end to it. The club has to decide what the player is worth to them and try to get the deal done for that.

That’s apart from our scouting set up being able to choose players who will improve our squad. They have displayed no ability to do that at all.

I’d prefer one elite player for 55m, rather than 2 mediocre ones…
I’d prefer no one than spunking our budget on sub-par players too.

If we aren’t getting traction with who we want, we need to use the loan market more astutely and reassess in the summer.

I swear to god if we can’t get Neves or Bissouma because we spent money on these clowns we need our head examined.

I’d prefer one elite player for 55m, rather than 2 mediocre ones…

Especially with the positions/skill they bring.

I could maybe see it if it were at RWB/Striker/AM where we don’t have players so need an upgrade but marginal upgrades in areas we have players instead of a quality player doesn’t make sense.

Of course we're not. We could get 2 cinemas and half a golf course for that price
I suspect that Enic development funds and THFC funds are separate..

IE Enic owns THFC but doesn't invest in it per se, the club has to raise it's own funds,

We ain't gonna throw extra money at players to prise them away.

Isn't that what Abramovich did with the Chavs?
Yes, it is, well sort of - he certainly didn't transfer his entire personal wealth to CFC, but he did inject a lot of money. A few owners do that, but certainly not all, and they are under no obligation to do so - he might have other plans for his wealth that have nothing to do with THFC - you might as well forget about his personal wealth until he indicates an intention to invest it into THFC, which doesn't look likely to happen any time soon. You may want him to, but until he does, you wanting it is pretty much irrelevant to our transfer budget. We can't decide how other people spend their personal money, that's up to them.

January 10th:
What are we lacking? Creativity, pace, a proven leader at the back, a wingback that can cross the ball. OK so what do we definitely not need? Holding centre mids, we've got hojberg and skipp.

January 30th: Bentacur for 19 million euros you say....... That's too good to turn down

:levywhoa:

I don't love him, but he has been very good for Ajax in the Champions League against the likes of Dortmund, Chelsea and Real etc. as well and would certainly be an upgrade over the RWB's we've got.

Ajax have offered him a new contract a couple of times, but he wants to make a transfer this month or on a free in the summer.
And here I was, thinking of the last time we signed a player that looked good in the CL once. What's his name again? Ah yeah...Tanguy N'Dombele.

So wow, Maz had a couple good games in the CL. Big friggin deal. That really makes up for 5+ underwhelming years as a pro.

And here I was, thinking of the last time we signed a player that looked good in the CL once. What's his name again? Ah yeah...Tanguy N'Dombele.

So wow, Maz had a couple good games in the CL. Big friggin deal. That really makes up for 5+ underwhelming years as a pro.
He has been good for Ajax in the league as well, but it really means something to play well against the likes of Bayern, Real Madrid and Chelsea in the CL, which he obviously did if you had watched the games. Ndombele is irrelevant here.

Professionally, I have achieved many things. Personally, I have won the league with Spurs on FM16/18/19/20 etc. Sometimes the gem you find at a club for sweet fuck all becomes your absolute engine. Look at wet spam, in real life, several players on loan who we collectively probably thought WTF are now driving them forward.

Let’s have a bit of faith in our coach and DoF and give them until the end of NEXT season. Yeah, it’s hard work being a Spurs fan but I’m old enough to remember 1984, 1991 and 2019… Believe people.

Kulu and Benta eh? Won't set the world on fire, but they're alright additions. I'm happy with Kulusevski, I think there's potential there, and Conte with Marotta desperately wanted him at Inter before he chose Juve. Way more reserved on Bentancur though...

oh well looks like its happening

35 mill is way too much

If we sign him outright for 35mil, that's basically the amount Juve spent on him 2 years ago.

"But he's massively flopped since, Daniel?!"

"Don't matter, pay the big bucks, gotta get someone in at all costs. And I'll sell him to Real for 80 in 2 years."

Back
Top Bottom