January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many years did Doc have on his deal? Terminating his contract looks, sounds and is ridiculous.
Why not pull one of the loans back or just keep Doh? Now we have Emerson fucking donkey royal as alternative to porro. Who is making this shit up? This guy was booed off by fans, has basically been shite first wi seasons abd now we are left with him as the two other more attacking WBs have been loaned. Why not just keep Soence and let him integrate into the first team squad. This defo in conte and patrici.

Why not pull one of the loans back or just keep Doh? Now we have Emerson fucking donkey royal as alternative to porro. Who is making this shit up? This guy was booed off by fans, has basically been shite first wi seasons abd now we are left with him as the two other more attacking WBs have been loaned. Why not just keep Soence and let him integrate into the first team squad. This defo in conte and patrici.

Clueless

With a manager who is likely to walk, why would we buy players who might not he wanted in the summer?

Some posters are living in fantasy land.

I think people are looking at Chelsea and getting green with envy.

Who did the majority of the top clubs buy, apart from that scum of a club?
Why does the possibility of Conte walking away prevent us buying players? that is absolute nonsense.
Paratici is supposed to be the one in charge of signings and building a squad, Conte is just a coach.
That's literally the whole point in Paratici.

When centre half?
Who Knows Idk GIF by MOODMAN

Why does the possibility of Conte walking away prevent us buying players? that is absolute nonsense.
Paratici is supposed to be the one in charge of signings and building a squad, Conte is just a coach.
That's literally the whole point in Paratici.
But conte doesn’t like that if you just give him players to coach as he doesn’t coach.

I think January will be a good window, we will loan out the three that should have been loaned this summer (Gil, Sarr, Tanganga) and get 2 or 3 replacements. I’ll come back to this on February 1st
So its February 1st, and it looks like I was wrong

Gil did leave, but Sarr and Tanganga are still here, and Doherty and Spence aren't. Definitely not the greatest window in terms of outgoings but we did get two good replacements. Although if you told me back in September we would get Porro in January I would have been happy no matter what, so fair enough

There is a loan fee for Porro.

Also money in its own right doesn't make a difference. If we paid £100m for Danjuma, he wouldn't become a better player.

However, when you look at *when* deals were done, end of window, and when you look at the massive, black holes in the squad needing fixing, and when you consider how wealthy we are, it tells you everything you need to know about ENIC as stewards of the football club.

The Loan fee is really little when one looks at what money gets thrown around during transfer windows. Its there, but not even worth mentioning.

Money does make a difference, you spend plus minus 100 million, you get Kane, Bellingham, Saka, De Bryne ..... (There's a host of talent at that price). You spend Nothing, you get Danjuma. You want silverware, we know which players are almost guaranteed to get you a step closer.

The point is that ENIC don't want to win any trophee be cause it causes wage Bills and to rise. ENIC loves 4th place. It is the point at which players happy and owners are happy. The players are not all of title winning calibre, so they gratefully milk their wages and the owners are happy because they have "A Top Six" club and get extra European revenue. Its win win. For true football fans , it is sucking hind tit. We get the left overs and never get what truly matters, "Silverware". We are the laughing stock of the league.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom