January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Richarlison is just as shit on the left as Son. In fact he's probably even worse there.

We need to buy someone to play that left forward role.

And someone to play the right forward role.

And then all we need is someone to play in between them.
In an more open game Son is better, but in a rough, physical contest like today, Richarlison would have fared better.

I agree with Bannister tweet.

Given Ratcliffe owns Nice and is hoping to complete his ManU transaction in late(ish) January, and ManU want first team CB's, it seems very likely that Tobido is being lined up to move to ManU ,,,,, but that deal may not go through until the ManU transaction is close to completion (so mid Jan onwards).

So unless Spurs get Tobido in very early Jan (he's suspended and can't play for Nice until mid Jan so Nice likely to sell to Spurs early if that's their plan - which I think unlikely), we need to move on and buy one of the other CB options early in Jan to ensure we get a CB.

He lacks the skill set to play as a wide forward. Technically poor. Can't beat a man, can't outpace a man.

Richarlison is basically only useful at CF, and even then only as someone who gets stuck in, is strong in the air and will score maybe 10-12 goals a season. Like a Brazilian Chris Wood.

Him on the wing is painful most of the time.

Guirassy available for £15m.

Levy is probably awake right now with a throbbing semi.

We should 100% act early and do what we can to get him in. Even if he flops his tits off, it’s still £15m for a forward who is currently in the form of his life.

Watching our forwards last night was nightmare fuel.

Richarlison is basically only useful at CF, and even then only as someone who gets stuck in, is strong in the air and will score maybe 10-12 goals a season. Like a Brazilian Chris Wood.

Him on the wing is painful most of the time.
Brazilian Chris Wood 😂

I’m not quite sure what we were thinking spending that much money on a striker who has never scored more than 13 goals in a Premier League season. Just cries shite recruitment, which is strange considering the quality signings we’ve made recently.

All our depth issues have been exposed due to this injury crisis and AFCON/Asia. I hope the club is genuinely throwing the kitchen sink trying to get CB’s and midfielders for what we need. Otherwise I can see our season fall away until mid Feb or March when we get players back hopefully.

We were top before Chelsea. Our entire season imploded and has continued to get worse with injuries and suspensions; we've dropped 17 points from the Chelsea game. And yet, are only 6 points of the top, with everyone needing to play each other again.

It's frustrating because I think we can all see without the implosion what might have been, but the season isn't over. Course correcting the weakest elements of the team means we can have a better second half of the season.

That means we need a first team quality, rapid CB. And someone who can play the 6 properly. These two spots alone transform the weaknesses we had on display last night.

I'd also take Jota on loan. It's low risk as a loan. He can't be worse than Gil. We are about to free up Hugo's wages.

When Benta, Micky, Romero are all fit and Sarr and Biss return it's not only competition for places, it allows for freshness and rotation during games too. They'll all get minutes with 5 subs.

But the CB has to be in for United.

The CB isn’t in by beginning of Jan, I literally give up with this cunt chairman. I have zero faith in him anyway, but at least try and prove me wrong by backing a manager for once and early. It’s clear as day our defence are utter wank without our 2 CB’s. 15 goals conceded in 4 games with Dier, Royal or Davies is exactly proof why these shit cunts we call defenders are utterly useless and stealing a living. All shocking including Davies. Crap. Sign a CB early and get him integrated in the team you bald cunt!!!

Top 4's our everything
I don’t think Levy is even that bothered about top 4 tbh. Not as much as people make out, anyway. Especially now a few other clubs have joined the mix.
Just raises expectations among the fans and increases the pressure on him to invest in the team.

In and around the top 6 or 7, with the odd dalliance with the CL places to keep fans interested while investing the bare minimum required .......allowing him to continue to use the club to increase his property portfolio and explore other sporting and non sporting revenue streams.

That's his resumè

The CB isn’t in by beginning of Jan, I literally give up with this cunt chairman. I have zero faith in him anyway, but at least try and prove me wrong by backing a manager for once and early. It’s clear as day our defence are utter wank without our 2 CB’s. 15 goals conceded in 4 games with Dier, Royal or Davies is exactly proof why these shit cunts we call defenders are utterly useless and stealing a living. All shocking including Davies. Crap. Sign a CB early and get him integrated in the team you bald cunt!!!
There won't be anyone in until, please three weeks into it.
Expect more results like this for a while.

Back
Top Bottom