January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I imagine playing for Sassuolo along with the depth France have is a reason for that.

Maddison is 26 and only got his first cap for England at 23 and still only has 4 to his name.

France have Mbappe and Dembele that play his position.

After that they Kolo Muani, Nkunku and Coman…

The most stacked forward line in the world.

Coming here might get him a cap

France have Mbappe and Dembele that play his position.

After that they Kolo Muani, Nkunku and Coman…

The most stacked forward line in the world.

Coming here might get him a cap

Id say he'd have a great chance of making it if he had the spotlight of the Premier League on him.

He's one of the names I wanted us to sign for the left wing position. Fits like a glove.

Id say he'd have a great chance of making it if he had the spotlight of the Premier League on him.

He's one of the names I wanted us to sign for the left wing position. Fits like a glove.

Could we aspire to him getting 15 league goals in a full season ?

With Romero and VDV both being young and the potential signing of a CB in January...I sort of struggle to see a pathway for ALL of Vuskovic, Phillips and Dorrington.

Might be the point. 1-2 of them will make it the other 1-2 will end up at a mid to lower prem type team.

With Romero and VDV both being young and the potential signing of a CB in January...I sort of struggle to see a pathway for ALL of Vuskovic, Phillips and Dorrington.

Well, Romero will be 31 by the time Vuskovic is even Van de Vens age so no worries there really. He'll either be on the way down or like a serious club, we'd have moved him on once he's reached peak value.

History tells us both Dorrington and Phillips won't make it here but one just might. If not, hopefully good development means we make a handsome sum on both of them and they find top level careers elsewhere

Am I the only one looking at the goals Juve conceded and joining the dots with their previous for match fixing ?
Having Wojciek "shit on a stick" Schzezny in goal would make any team look like match-fixers. He gifted them 2 goals and then an assist for that comedy OG at the end. I reckon Arteta is stupid enough to bring him back to Woolwich for added competition (i.e. a happy flappy double act on the bench with Ramsdale)!!

Look harder.

Nothing is static. We need 3 top or very good centre backs, and then 2 in a pipeline.

Like we need strikers more than any more wide players for now, and after a striker, it's a midfielder.

Prioritising is crucial but so is building squad capability.

Right now I think our areas for development are very clear.

Hmm, probably not. That's his big weakness.

But we'd be signing him knowing everything else he can do.
We really do need a goal scorer though. Son and Maddison are our only reliable scorers.

We really do need a goal scorer though. Son and Maddison are our only reliable scorers.

This is very true.

So far we’ve had 2 goals from Romero, 2 and an assist from Kulusevski, an own goal with help from Davies, a Sarr goal plus an anssist, then and everything else Son and Madders.

Of those, maybe Sarr contributes 5 goals for the season and maybe 5 assists top end.

Kulu is the one from that lot most likely to consistently repeat his goal involvements.10-15 GIs seems realistic from him in 38 games.

Would expect the FBs to add a decent amount of assists over the season but it still leaves us needing at least 10 ish GIs from one of our other forwards.

Richy has 2, Solomon 2 and Johnson could have scored 2 on a fairly average debut against one of the toughest teams in the league, away from home.

Well, Romero will be 31 by the time Vuskovic is even Van de Vens age so no worries there really. He'll either be on the way down or like a serious club, we'd have moved him on once he's reached peak value.

History tells us both Dorrington and Phillips won't make it here but one just might. If not, hopefully good development means we make a handsome sum on both of them and they find top level careers elsewhere
your second paragraph kind of backs up my point tbh in that they all won't make it here.

With Romero, VDV and the potential new first team centre back being so young there won't be enough game time for the 6th choice (and probably 5th choice) to develop unless they are of course loaned out.

If Romero and VDV are still performing at a high level the absolute earliest we might actively go looking to sell either of them is Romero at 3/4 years when he is 28/29 and that's probably the earliest (providing they're not looking to move and all is well etc etc). By that time Phillips and Dorrington would be 21/22 and at that point you'd hope they had a decent amount of first team experience.

I'm not knocking it and it's a good situation to be in. Just being realistic that they probably all won't make it here

Back
Top Bottom