January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our manager was left heniously short in the summer
bullshit.gif

Transfermarkt - who are German and thus conservative - so don't include add on's but just the guaranteed money have us spending 247m euros this season. That's before we have even started buying in January.

I get negativity towards the hierarchy is your schtick, but some semblance of believability please.

In fact, if we use the last 3 seasons, which is the period after the COVID impacted transfer window our spend on players is 520m euros.

That's 2021, 2022, 2023 summer windows and 2022, 2023 January windows.

The catch cry that our ownership is leaving our managers short is no longer applicable, since we are now seeing the fruits of our new stadium spending is more than adequate and failure should, and has, seen managers Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte sacked as a result.

Wow what fail for Bayern. Attempt to hijack Dragusin fails embarassingly and then they end up taking Dier off our hands lmao.
With Upamecano, Kim and de Ligt already at the club and Bayern only looking for back-up CB they were not desperate enough to be more.
Yes, de Ligt has been out injured a lot and Upamecano has not lived up to his expectations but still. If Bayern had gone all out one never knows what might have happened. But yes, I am glad Dragusin went for Spurs.

Come on mate. Have a holiday.

I'm not even sure I want this player I've never seen before and spent the whole window banging on about not having a 3rd CB in the summer...

but even despite all that, getting a forward and a CB done before Jan 10th, with competition for both from Man UTD and Bayern Munich? Have to give that the credit it deserves.

Fair fucking fucks to the club on this. It's a huge win in the transfer market and an even bigger PR win.
Yes, still room for improvement but Rome wasn't build in a day.

We ain't all of a sudden gonna completely revolutionize the way we do transfers...evolution over revolution.

But it does seem things are starting to take a different turn. Yes, it was about friggin time...but better late than never. I can actually see that motto in a frame hanging over Dan Dan's desk, like them chavs have "Live, Love, Laugh" ones 🤣

Fuming? Nah we're all supporting the team here.
We just don't agree with how the club has been run down the years.
I agree we all support the team. Ironically it’s the anti levy side that accuse those of us who don’t hate levy to ‘support Levy more than the club’ funny that

Shamelessly stolen from another forum but IDGAF

Bayern Pros
  • Prestige of playing for a European great
  • Likely to win Bundesliga
  • Good chance of winning CL
  • Simply playing in CL
Spurs Pros
  • Glamour of playing in ‘Biggest league in the world’ ™️
  • More likely to get game time
  • Big Ange
  • 20% off Skywalk

A glaring omission here, what about the new go kart track?

What a disappointing morning for the doomsayers and foreboders and their predictions of impending calamity regarding the Dragusin deal. They must have spent the whole night in pleasant agony due to the possibility of the Dragusin deal falling apart… plotting how they can vent out even more of their anti- Levy hate (yes, it’s borderline hate) and joyfully looking forward to creating a total meltdown in this thread. That joy was now taken away from them. What a pity. One almost feel sorry for them to day. Almost.
Many of the drama “queens” and fragile egos got exposed though. It must he hard to support a club that disappoints by not disappointing :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I agree we all support the team. Ironically it’s the anti levy side that accuse those of us who don’t hate levy to ‘support Levy more than the club’ funny that
A lot of things get said in the heat of debate and the Levy debate is a very heated one.

Back
Top Bottom