January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So we bought Spence as a 'club signing' for 20 mil hardly use him then sell him for 10. Nothing makes sense with Spence.
I know this hasnt worked out, a bit like the Sess deal went south - however I would still like to see the club taking a chance on Young English Talent , sometimes it pays off Like the Dele for £5 million.

That's a solid week in the transfer market for any club, a couple of players with different things to prove but a Werner comeback story and the second coming of a top knot is something to look forward to hey

If both Werner and Dragusin get their debuts against Untied, that would be the joint most January signings to actually debut in January for us as we have had in the last 12 years.

Pretty crazy stat. We've really loved shopping late in January historically.

If anyone wants to point out that this club hasn't changed and are using 23 years of evidence or whatever sthick they like to use then point them to this day, as I said we switched up our strategy in 2021 and it's been starting at us in the face but people didn't want to belive it.

You're talking about money spent, the post you're replying to is in reference to actual players for positions that needed filling.
If we spent £500m on a superstar forward, we'd still have left Ange short as we needed center backs.
And in Ange's first season as Spurs boss we've bought two centrebacks and look likely to shift out two dud centrebacks, Sanchez and Dier.

The woe is us, Levy is always wrong crowd in this fanbase have this utterly delusional ideology that every position must be filled in the one window.

We finished 8th and missed European competition because that was the quality of our squad, we sacked Conte because some of those players were not being maximised. Bentancur, Porro etc.

To expect a complete overhaul that fills every position in one window is utterly ridiculous and to that end John was called out and deservedly so I might add.

Who is on plane tracking duties today?
I can't, I've just been asked to shadow the guy from the moment he lands til he's signed on the dotted line so we don't do another Willian. I'm allowed to open fire on any approaching Chelsea reps. Perks of the job and all that.

Back
Top Bottom