January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brighton & Hove Albion are in the mix to sign Tottenham Hotspur’s Bryan Gil in the winter market, according to a report from Italy.
Be a good move for all involved. Shoulda been done when he first joined or instead of sending him to Sevilla.

Timo is a no risk loan with reasonable wages and a modest purchase fee. Félix would cost us north of £50m and probably break our wage structure, hard pass.

reasonable wages ? circa £160k pw, probably 3rd highest at Spurs (but less than Ndomble) .

Divide by 2 and reasonable wages might be a good description.

Only reason the option price is low is his wages are so high very few clubs can afford him! And he'll need to get a fair number of goals/assists for Spurs to want to take up the option with those wages

Would RB be paying him.that much or would Chelsea be topping it up to that level to get him off the books? Depending on how lomg his deal is if he wants to secure a 4 year contract somewhere new he'll likely have to consider a drop in wages to get one

He's on a out

Apparently he's on about 65k a week.

While Timo is absolutely trying before we buy, I don't know that 50m would be a terrible fee for Felix.
Only until Barca’s financial woes are assuaged, at which point his contract stipulates he’s back up to bollock shrinking money.

I think it’s around 350k post tax.

reasonable wages ? circa £160k pw, probably 3rd highest at Spurs (but less than Ndomble) .

Divide by 2 and reasonable wages might be a good description.

Only reason the option price is low is his wages are so high very few clubs can afford him! And he'll need to get a fair number of goals/assists for Spurs to want to take up the option with those wages
If we pick up an option, won’t we offer him a new contract with a newly negotiated salary ( which may or may not be equal to his current salary)?

If they pick up an option, won’t they offer him a new contract with a newly negotiated salary ( which may or may not be equal to his current salary)?

If you are a player on £150k pa with say 3 years left on your contract, and another club says 'yes we'd like you to start tomorrow but on £100k pw, what are you going to do ?

Go back to club with which you have a £150k pw contract, and say 'I want you to agree to pay up the £50k which I am losing at the next club for remaining 3 years of my contract'.

No way out, the club is obligated to pay £150k pw, so better to subsidise him unless you want to keep him at that club

If we pick up an option, won’t we offer him a new contract with a newly negotiated salary ( which may or may not be equal to his current salary)?
Have read that our contracts tend to be heavily geared towards performance related bonuses, which doesn't show up on the weekly basic, so a lot of our salaries appear to be lower than they realistically are, especially when you consider things like appearance fee, goal fee, clean sheet bonus etc all don't show up in the basic.

Félix isn't even a has-been, he's a has-never-been. He's shown nothing at Atletico, Chelsea and now Barcelona to suggest he will ever make the step up to elite player. He's only on such a low wage because he restructured his Atletico contract in order to secure the Barcelona move, don't ask me why but these crazy fuckers are willingly going there for peanuts for the romance of playing for Barcelona, but make no mistake his next contract wherever he moves is not going to be 65k a week. He's also tied to Atletico until 2029 now so they have time to keep farming him out on loan and hoping he reignites his career somewhere, the only way they're going to recover even 50% of what they laid out on him is in a loan to buy scenario I feel. We would never sign off on paying £50m+ for a distressed asset like that, not as long as Daniel Levy draws breath.
He's N'dombele without the eating disorder. There's talent there but fuck me it's buried deep and you'd need Karl Jung not a coach to unlock it. Hard pass.

Ok, definitely not one for now but hear me out...

Joao Felix in the summer.

Apparently Barca aren't likely to take up the buy option, Atletico don't want him. Would he not fit Ange ball perfectly?
I like Felix a lot- haven’t seen him play much this season but the times I did he scored for Barca. Not sure if he could fit with our wage structure. Im not sure why so many don’t like him.

Jesus H. Christ.

I can't even start a proper cunt off about Joao Felix!?

What has happened to this place under Big Ange and the new & improved Daniel Levy?
Sorry, didn't realise I was spoiling the party.

If you could re-hinge your jaw and claw Félix's cock out of your mouth for long enough to watch him play for 5 fucking minutes you might see why no one wants him for monopoly money, you shit-munching clown. Delete your account.

How was that?

The weirdest thing was when he was talking about the things he felt Nusa could develop.

Why would he only be able to develop those?

If you tell me a player can’t get faster or that much stronger, that’s fair enough but at 18, pretty much anything technical or tactical could change or develop beyond recognition.

If you want to say Neymar was a better dribbler at 18 then fine but I’m sure he’d never paid attention to Diaz defensively at 18.
Yeah, also Salah scored 4 in 20 in the Egyptian league when he was 18 and didn't really click as a goal threat until he was 23.

Funny thing is, statistically, Nusa is better than Diaz defensively in almost every defensive stat.

Back
Top Bottom