January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fun thing is that Lukaky actually scored 29 goals on loan at Inter and Roma while Chelsea are struggling to score.
He's a deadly unit in Italy, but he's spent most of his career trying to come good in England and it's never happened because he's an overrated cart horse that can't manage against decent opposition.

We never agreed a deal for him.

They paid up the money, we didn’t.

We may still match it sure, but they appear to simply have outbid us.
Still he seems fine with joining Brentford at this stage, nobody forces him. Why not tell them that he is desperate to join Spurs and play European football and see if they can work something out.

Yeah the kid could still flop there but it’s annoying when so many people can see he’s not only a top talent but also a perfect for the style of player we need.

Also annoying that we can’t keep our business quiet like Brentford did.

Frustrating as I really like Nusa but it's also a players life. If we weren't going to guarantee him first team football because Son is better than him and he wanted first team football, he's got to make the best choice for him.

Frustrating as I really like Nusa but it's also a players life. If we weren't going to guarantee him first team football because Son is better than him and he wanted first team football, he's got to make the best choice for him.

Can’t argue with that but early reports are that he wanted to come here. Surely we’d have told him that he’s was going to get minutes here as well.

If I’m guessing, Brentford gave Brugge the money they wanted and they pushed the player there.

Given our interest in Nusa it would still appear we have some more dough to spend.

It could be that we pull the trigger on something else now that this one's gone.

Also all the twitter ITKs in the mud, including Romano. Not a sniff of Brentford before this and all saying Nusa wanted Spurs so playing time wouldn't have been the issue.

But Brentford are absolute dogshit.

Forget Spurs. I don’t see how any young lad that has that much hype opts for Brentford.

Players want to play football and given assurance of playing said football.

He rejected Chelsea in the summer for that exact reason. I imagine we probably couldn't guarantee him the football he likely feels he needs at 18 years of age and instead probably made assurances that long term he'd be Sons successor

That’s fucking pathetic.
Melting Stop Motion GIF by John Larigakis

Back
Top Bottom