January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paratici went to Belgium last year

I imagine he's been to plenty of countries over the last year. Including Denmark to look at Bardghji too. It's what scouts tend to do.

We have tracked him since.

We track hundreds of footballers

By the time we get to face to face with a club we have done most of the work with intermediaries. That’s how we’ve done business over and over. That’s how we avoid auctions.

We wanted him and didn’t get it done. It sucks but that’s football. We will either regret it or we won’t.

Through zero fault of our own. If we wanted him and he was happy to develop at Spurs, we'd have got him.

Turns out, it's not the route he wanted to take. I can't say I don't blame him.

For a post that seems to have so much time and effort put into it, this has to be one of the worst takes I've read on this forum and that is truly saying something

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

first-time-meme-first-time.gif

I wouldn't write off the front 3 yet.

I think we will evaluate their overall contribution this season at end of the season.

And that may well mean one or two more in during the summer - and if Werner fails his audition we won't take up his option, but I suspect that probably all or most of our front line will be here next season either as first team picks or bench, there are (maybe surprisingly) not a large number of better players around - just look at our PL rivals beyond their first team starters.

It was always gonna be that way this season..... (I said as much in September).

Perisic - Final year (looked good though before injury).
Gil - Last chance to impress.
Solomon - NEW. (Easy quick sell-on of a free player if it didn't click.... it still might tho'; at least in terms of depth.)
Richy - Came into the season with massive question marks
Son - ST/LW??? (Question currently remains tbh; esp as far as next season goes.)
Kulu - Also positional question marks.
BJ - New.
Veliz - New (Man, that injury sucks!)

Werner loan made a lot of sense unless we had a top level, dead-cert starter on our radar that could join straight away.

I imagine he's been to plenty of countries over the last year. Including Denmark to look at Bardghji too. It's what scouts tend to do.

We track hundreds of footballers

Through zero fault of our own. If we wanted him and he was happy to develop at Spurs, we'd have got him.

Turns out, it's not the route he wanted to take. I can't say I don't blame him.

Fault is irrelevant

IMO the speed that POK and Gold came out with lines today means it’s somewhere between the truth and some PR mixed in as well.

If we walked away did we only decide to do that last night? Or POK only found out today from BASE agency that’s how it went down?

Tbh it’s a young player for the future, not an urgent first team player. We got a CB done and Werner to cover Son, so to me this isn’t a biggie but I don’t really buy that we didn’t want him because everything before today very much looked like we did.

Not really. He’s been guaranteed more game time there.

No different to Dragusin coming to us over Bayern.

Learn to read.
What? Dragusin came here because he would get more guarantees of first team football than at Bayern, ahead of Romero and VDV? Dier has already started for Bayern, if they’d have managed to get Dragusin I think he would have already started to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom