January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't wrap my head around this window.

JUST £55m spent by PL clubs so far.
And we have spent nearly half of that on our own,

And we have one twenty one year old backup defender for that.
And we've spent just over half our January 2023 spend.

FFP is (finally) crippling everyone.

Better simply call it reality hitting.

Barcelona the prime example - out bid lots of clubs with high transfer fees to sign players who they put on high wages.

Tried to get out of a hole by forward selling tv rights - ie got a big wedge now but no money in future. But that hasn't worked either.

Now no money and they can't do anything - wait until high wage players come to end of contract., promote youth from their famed La Masala academy .... and cross their fingers.

That's why all the FA's across europe brought in variations of sustainability rules.

Consequences :
1 ) Transfer fees need to adjust to amounts which reflect players economic/football contribution
2) Wages - as (1)

And atm there ate only a few clubs in UK/europe able to buy players - but other clubs cannot afford to buy any of ours.

By summer all clubs will have received TV money and prize money for this season, but spending will be much lower than last summer, and some clubs will still need to unwind their ffp positions for a year or more !

If you want analogous situations google 'Tulip mania' for the dutch bulb crash - but that's extreme as total market collapsed, the football transfer market will just deflate.

There been plenty of Tweets linking Spurs to Roony for the last 6 months, so nothing new at all here. If Spurs were so keen why haven't they taken contact with FK København?

Reason for the constant linking is (1) journos do not have many transfer stories to write about so they make them up (2) Lange, our new transfer supremo, signed Roony for Kopenhagen before ..... so maybe he will for Spurs !

FR has unpinned the Nusa to Brentford tweet.
shocked jurassic park GIF

I am not saying Spurs haven't made a bid but while Brentford snapping up Nusa came out of the blue....Spurs have been linked to Roony even since he came on a trial...

I got you, I'm just saying that maybe we have spoken to the club. The player was in London earlier in the year and put something on his socials after about knowing what he was doing next season.

Who knows what deal have been discussed? Def not us.

Back
Top Bottom