Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My wording is nothing but honest fact.

Aurier / Tanganga / Toby / Sanchez / Vert was our backline.

It was actually Aurier/Tanganga/Toby/Sanchez/Rose, contra claims made earlier in the thread about Mourinho and Rose, but yeah, I should have read the formation more carefully, Tanganga was a RCB.

If KWP or CCV or Onomah or someone of that ilk emerges as a PL star, you can come talk to me about Poch overlooking youth.

But it is clear as fucking day that he rated Tanganga, and Parrott as well, and those guys were part of his plans.

It was actually Aurier/Tanganga/Toby/Sanchez/Rose, contra claims made earlier in the thread about Mourinho and Rose, but yeah, I should have read the formation more carefully, Tanganga was a RCB.

If KWP or CCV or Onomah or someone of that ilk emerges as a PL star, you can come talk to me about Poch overlooking youth.

But it is clear as fucking day that he rated Tanganga, and Parrott as well, and those guys were part of his plans.

I didn't mention Poch.... Just correcting the talk that LB crisis = Japhet debut. It didn't.

Sounds grateful to JM to me:

Tanganga ended up playing RB in the second half against Liverpool as we were chasing the game with Aurier pushed up into more of a RM role. First half he was more like a RCB, but we spent so much of the first half in that game stuck in our own half defending that Aurier was automatically forced to play deeper. Tanganga also spent a lot of the game marking Mane.

I wasn't expressing my opinion on who's 'better' or 'who's good enough'; I was refuting the suggestion that somehow our HG players are treated more favorably.

KWP & Foyth need consistent game-time IMO or their respective flaws will continue to impede their progress here or anywhere else they go.
home grown does treated favorably by fans and media .

Was listening to a random early 2000s metal playlist yesterday and totally forgot about this song

Tanganga, hostility towards the opposition.
TANGANGA.
TANGANGA.
TANGANGA.

I’d like to see him play RB once Davies is fully fit, he is so much more reliable than Aurier.
All things being equal, I’d also hope to see him and Sanchez develop into a solid CB partnership in the years to come.

I’d like to see him play RB once Davies is fully fit, he is so much more reliable than Aurier.
All things being equal, I’d also hope to see him and Sanchez develop into a solid CB partnership in the years to come.
I think it would depend on the matchups. Davies being back gives us the option of deploying both these setups:

1. Aurier as RB, Davies as LB - Davies drops into 3 ATB in possession and Aurier bombs forward
2. Tanganga as RB, Sess as LB - Tanganga drops into 3 ATB in possession and Sessegnon bombs forward

If the opposition is more vulnerable down the left then we play alignment #2,and vice versa if they are weak down the right. It also gives us the option of playing Tanganga/Davies as a pairing if we are playing City/Liverpool types where we will focus on defending and playing on the counter.

Back
Top Bottom