Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the youngsters (20-22yrs) I think playing time is the key to progression. If we can get them maybe 20 appearances throughout the season then its worth keeping them around especially if we sprinkle in some U23 games too. If we can’t get them a decent number of games then get them out on loan to somewhere that will play them.
At that age they need to be playing regularly and also learning to play the men’s game. Playing against experienced adults is quite different to playing against lads of the same age so it’s really important that they do it regularly even if it’s in a lower league.

As far as Japhet goes I’d like him stay and play RB. I know that’s not his main position, but he’s doing well there. He’s got a bit to learn still, but the best way to learn is on the job.
As said aboVE he’s decent defensively so just needs to improve on the attacking side especially crossing. If Nuno can teach him that he could become a really good RB for us long term.

Liked the way he looked in pre-season.

Wonder if Nuno has enough faith in him to put the Tomiyasu transfer on hold?

Seems capable of doing the exact job we'd have to pay Tomiyasu to do.

Liked the way he looked in pre-season.

Wonder if Nuno has enough faith in him to put the Tomiyasu transfer on hold?

Seems capable of doing the exact job we'd have to pay Tomiyasu to do.

I think Aurier and Doherty (for different reasons) both might not be favored, so a pairing of Tomiyasu and Tanganga might be the vision.

Tanganga also may be a bit of a swiss-army knife, able to slot in at RB or CB based on injuries, match-ups, etc., and getting Tomiyasu would allow that kind of freedom.

Great performance today, I really like this kid and he has a great future ahead of him if he can stay injury free.

How many times does Japh need to churn out these types of performances before he'll be given the starting role at RB? Absolute shambles that he was linked with a loan move away from the club when he's quite clearly, the best RB we have.

I dont think anything can faze this man. He walked off that field after an immense performance against the Champions like it was just another day at the office.

Japhet was great today.

I still think he has a higher upside at CB but he is proving he could turn out to be a very good RB as well.

Back
Top Bottom