Jermain Defoe - He is you know

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, it's transfers that get players, but it's wages that keep them. It's a concern, but as long as the players are happy at Spurs, I'm sure we can remain competitive when it comes to wages and bonuses.
We've allegedly had it with Walker already. City finish below us but apparently he's interested in a move. It can only be money if it's true. And bad advice from a greedy agent. This is a very realistic possibility even if the Walker talk is bollocks. Players will obviously pay an interest in what their counterparts at other clubs get paid & as obscene as the amounts of money are, it's not unreasonable for players to expect parity with their peers. How much is Harry Kane worth in a world (as fantastical as it is) where Wilfred Zaha earns £120k a week basic? I'd say double that at least. Bonuses are where we can make a huge difference but it's still human nature to look at what people who do the same job as you are earning. Whether it's £120 a week or £120k a week. So I think it will continue to be a worry for us fans whether we can keep our star players. I just hope it's all in hand because we are on the cusp of great things & medals (if we can get there) will only go so far to keeping players happy.

We've allegedly had it with Walker already. City finish below us but apparently he's interested in a move. It can only be money if it's true. And bad advice from a greedy agent. This is a very realistic possibility even if the Walker talk is bollocks. Players will obviously pay an interest in what their counterparts at other clubs get paid & as obscene as the amounts of money are, it's not unreasonable for players to expect parity with their peers. How much is Harry Kane worth in a world (as fantastical as it is) where Wilfred Zaha earns £120k a week basic? I'd say double that at least. Bonuses are where we can make a huge difference but it's still human nature to look at what people who do the same job as you are earning. Whether it's £120 a week or £120k a week. So I think it will continue to be a worry for us fans whether we can keep our star players. I just hope it's all in hand because we are on the cusp of great things & medals (if we can get there) will only go so far to keeping players happy.
Human nature, I remember times as an apprentice earning around 300 quid, a really healthy wage as an apprentice who was getting his tuition and exam fees paid by work. I still got pissed off thinking about ppl doing the same job as me who were getting 800ish quid per week(more than double) for the exact same job - these days I have parity with them but would still be interested in earning more and actively look around despite the company investing thousands in training me

Nice gesture

He also missed out on Portsmouth FA Cup winners medal in 2008 because he was cup-tied.

Poor guy.

Last edited:
He probably deserved something. I remember the goal at City and Ramos not liking him. Then wishing him well on his Pompey debut and then Levy realising he sold all of our best strikers and we were about to get relegated again without him...

It is still hard to believe that is a genuine medal though. What I mean is, was it actually in the Carling Cup rules back then ten years ago that someone who plays in the squad in previous rounds gets one?

I have a soft spot for the Gers, so looking forward to seeing him turn out for them.
Really hope he wins a trophy as well.His behavior whenever he met fans was impeccable and the way he went beyond the call of duty with Bradley Lowery in Sunderland was a role model for people everywhere ,not just premiership footballers.

Suprised Bournemouth couldn't get more use out of him...

Re-begs the question; "what's he doing if he's not scoring?" i guess.

Wish him well up there either way.

Blimey seems like destiny.

Jermain Defoe Rangers move 'meant to be' says mum of tragic cancer sufferer Bradley Lowery

The schoolboy, who died aged just 6, was a well known Sunderland fan but his mum has revealed love of Light Blues is a family tradition.

The schoolboy was known as a Sunderland supporter – but his mum revealed he followed in the footsteps of his dad Carl and grandad Dave and was also a huge Rangers fan.

Jermain Defoe's Rangers move 'meant to be' says tragic Bradley Lowery's mum

Pleased to see he scored today. Not a fan of Rangers at all so not displeased that they lost too. But it would be nice if JD could have some success at the end of his career.

Pleased to see he scored today. Not a fan of Rangers at all so not displeased that they lost too. But it would be nice if JD could have some success at the end of his career.
The guy who scored the winning goal for Kilmarnock just signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers. That is some great banter

Sorry but this guy is not a spurs legend at all.

Wish people would stop acting like he is.

HE ISN'T
I don't recall anyone saying he is. He was however a very good professional in the way he acted when he met fans(have a 20minute chat out side a newsgent's in Bounds Green, the same at a service station just outside Watford are two that I know personally the people who met him) and the way he acted outside of football when at Sunderland deserves respect,wouldn't you you say? Or have we turned into West ham...

Back
Top Bottom