Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top scorer 6 times in the English first division is madness. Looked a true great when you watch the old matches on youtube, he was a wonderful character and it's very sad the condition he was in the last few years of his life. RIP Jimmy.

0_Jimmy-Greaves-1969.jpg

Admin Admin - is it possible for the home page to have a photo of the great Jim? Just a one-off? Didn't want to post this request, but I'm not allowed to message you.

Biggest Tottenham legend, alongside Hoddle and Billy Nic. He passes away the day that Tottenham play Chelsea, his 2 clubs . Rest in heaven Jimmy Greaves, you'll be sorely missed.

I was born and brought up just a throw in distance away from WHL and Greavsie was and will continue to be my all time hero; he made scoring goals look so easy and was the inspiration for so many of us kids growing up in Tottenham at that time.

I’m devastated at the news this morning, just as if I had lost a family member.

I will never forget Jimmy turning away having scored a goal, right arm raised, the flash of number 8 on his back and the supporters going crazy. I still have his testimonial program that he signed for me.

I‘ve registered on here this morning just to be able to pay my respects to Jimmy and everything he did for me as a player to look up to and aspire to be.

Rest peacefully Jimmy, thank you for the memories and laughs.

Back
Top Bottom