Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm actually happy for him and his family because living with a debilitating stroke is a horrible existance.

My dad had a massive stoke and was left in a similar state to Jimmy, to see him reduced to that was absolutely heartbreaking for everyone.

Just shed a tear for Jimmy and whilst I never saw him play growing up, got to know him watching Saint and Greavsie and being shown videos of him back in the day playing for the mighty Spurs. His stand for the Swindon supporters not to be punished back in 1990 on his show when other clubs did far worse and got away with it was always appreciated and remains well thought of in the town to this day. RIP legend and on the day you’re two former clubs meet.

The most massive part of Tottenham Hotspur FC has passed. R. I.P., Jim.

THE LEGEND

64GPlzm.jpg

Condolences from an Everton fan. A fantastic goalscorer, one of the best football pundits who was never afraid to speak his mind, and a very decent, funny man. Not a bad legacy, and he'll be missed by anybody who likes football. Today's prima donnas should take note.

RIP Greavsie.
A TRUE club legend, and genius of the game.

Today's match against Chelsea (of all the clubs) will surely have an added poignance!

I just hope we can do him justice today!

The greatest English striker of all time and probably the greatest Spur of all time.Legend is an overused word but on this occasion it doesn’t go far enough.Rest in peace Jimmy, your legend and legacy will live forever.

Back
Top Bottom