Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

See this here Harry Kane...this is who we are. Its not logical, or about personal medals and individual glory, its about family and years later you will still matter like Jimmy matters. You won't ever be part of a better family : black ,white, Jewish, gentile, argentine and Irish. It's my family and I love it.
Rest in peace Legend.
Now that brought a tear to my eye!

E_pfZ7WWQAEJvtb

That billboard is kosher and it’s display in the ground now.

A game that already has a lot of exposure all eyes worldwide will be on this thanks to Jimmy, since this morning every news agency have been buying the CAM 50 (the wide camera shot usually on the halfway line).

We’d do ourselves good to turn up today

Absolutely phenomenal goalscoring record, even more so when you factor in the condition of the pitches, the dodgy boots/footballs and heavy tackles in those days. Would be scary the damage he'd do if playing today. A player worthy of the term legend.

Last edited:
Why haven't we named a stand after him / made a statue of him? We had the best striker in English history, what are we waiting for? Him and Billy Nic should have at least stands named after them, if not for the whole Stadium.

One of the best double acts in football:
First Gilzean and then Greaves:
Both now resuming their partnership
In the Heavenly League.
Vale Jimmy Greaves a Spurs legend

Back
Top Bottom