Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My dad's favourite ever player. Whenever we played in the park, my dad always used to teach me to pass it in the net like Greavsie.

This one really hurts. Truly hope he makes a speedy recovery.

292Rgjo.jpg

Humbled the Italians, brought the Germans to their knees.

Met the great man on one of his last appearances at a theatre in Boremwood, he was going through the motions in his act and fed us the normal stories, but it's a shame such a great Spur had to supplement his living as a curiosity.
Hope he makes a speedy recovery COYS

As a Middlesbrough fan, I wish Jimmy all the best for his recovery and his family too. My mother in law had a stroke three years ago and is still on the road to recovery. It's a hard slog to go through and is an unfair and undignified thing to happen to anyone. I hope they got him to hospital quickly. Best wishes to all, family and fans.

United fan here. I saw Jimmy play when he was in his pomp and he was phenomenal. I went to my first United v Spurs game in December 1963 in the old ECWC so I go back a long way. The Spurs game was a fixture we always looked forward to because it was always a great game with lots of goals and the giants of the game on the pitch. When you've got the likes of Charlton, Best, Law, Greaves, Gilzean, and Venables playing, there was always magic in the air.

I hope I speak for all United fans in wishing Jimmy well. He was one of England's finest players and was a credit to his country and his great club. Get well soon old lad.

I am sure I speak for all Hearts and Scotland supporters when I say how sorry I was to hear about Jimmy's illness and wish him a speedy recovery. My best wishes to his family and friends.

Jimmy is one of the all-time greats of the game.

Back
Top Bottom