Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not eligible for EFL Cup though is he? I thought if you played for another club in an earlier round that was it. He played for Swansea v Newport in the first round.

So Joe Rodon will be more a concept than an actual Tottenham Hotspur player for the foreseeable future.

That gets nullified after the Jan window no? I'm sure it did with the CL last season but who knows what the EFL are doing these days.

cheeky edit: Just checked. 6.4 No player shall play for more than one Club in the Cup Competition in any one Season.

That gets nullified after the Jan window no? I'm sure it did with the CL last season but who knows what the EFL are doing these days.

cheeky edit: Just checked. 6.4 No player shall play for more than one Club in the Cup Competition in any one Season.

Does that mean Rondon's out?

Have you seen dier play? Even when he has a good game, he very nearly gave a pen up with that handball right outside the box. The game before he tried that stupid flick and a lucky call bailed us out of a 2 on 1.

Have you seen Rodon play?

We may all have our opinion on Dier, but Rodon is an unknown at this level and seems a bit naive to think he's going to come in and be our defensive saviour. I actually thought Dier had a good game against Brighton and that 'handball' would have been extremely harsh, like the Newcastle decision.

Should loaned him back till Jan
Seems a strange decision not to , unless Jose goes with a back 3 then I can’t see him playing unless we get any injuries , maybe we kept him as Jose sees him as his 3rd Choice CB and there is a good chance he will play before then end of the year?

Have you seen Rodon play?

We may all have our opinion on Dier, but Rodon is an unknown at this level and seems a bit naive to think he's going to come in and be our defensive saviour. I actually thought Dier had a good game against Brighton and that 'handball' would have been extremely harsh, like the Newcastle decision.
Watched two Wales games and he looks solid, if we didn't trust him why did we part with 15m ? It amazes me how many decent footballers are not given a chance.
Rashford would still be playing reserve football if not for injuries !

Watched two Wales games and he looks solid, if we didn't trust him why did we part with 15m ? It amazes me how many decent footballers are not given a chance.
Rashford would still be playing reserve football if not for injuries !

I'm not saying don't give him a chance, I was pointing out that the logic for dropping one of the two centrebacks who played Brighton doesn't make much sense as they actually played quite well.

Seems a strange decision not to , unless Jose goes with a back 3 then I can’t see him playing unless we get any injuries , maybe we kept him as Jose sees him as his 3rd Choice CB and there is a good chance he will play before then end of the year?

I think it's because of Tanganga's injury. We needed a 4th CB because he will be out for a while.

Back
Top Bottom