Johan Lange - Technical Director

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

I doubt that he's going to be better than Paratici. His record at Villa seems to be a mixed bag.

I doubt that he's going to be better than Paratici. His record at Villa seems to be a mixed bag.

Pretty sure Paratici is still being kept on as a consultant and POK said most of our recruitment is now data driven anyway so I doubt it will be all on him to keep good recruitment.

At least now we have a CFO, Techncial Director and Manager. Hopefully club can settle down a bit after the Jose/Nuno/Conte era.

Common misconception is that a DOF is in charge of recruitment, that's not always the case, since Gabadinni has now left whoever replaced him will take his job role but will now report to the new DOF.

I don't expect to change much in terms of recruitment anyway, whatever we are doing is clearly working.

Comment from the Villa Forum. Caught in a political battle but data driven guy and we apparently have moved to a data driven approach anyway but I assume he would just sit on top of that.

‘’Wish him well when he goes. Hard to judge his time at Villa as the power balance was definitely muddier during his years (with the triangle of Smith/Gerrard, Lange and Purslow). Clearly people within the club highly rated his work with implementing his data-led recruitment structure, but we've moved on to Monchi.
Curious though how arguably none of the team's spine (if you consider it to be Martinez-Konsa-Luiz-Watkins) are Lange signings though (IIRC I read somewhere that Martinez was heavily pushed by Cutler rather than the recruitment team, and Watkins was clearly a Deano connection). If anything, shows how great an eye Deano had for players.
Kamara has been a great signing, though.’’

Seems like the club is actually effectively putting together a structure where everyone is pulling in the same direction. Hopefully Lange has been identified as someone who fits that.

Reading abit about the guy, it seems like the main focus when he was at Copenhagen was to try and sign academy prospects that tye into the first team. Turned over massive profit when he was there due to this. Hojlund was one he brought into the Copenhagen team. Bardghji too, who's highly rated and only 17 years old right now and likely to make massive profit for them.

He went to Villa after their relegation scrap and they've now since qualified for Europe. Focusing more on home grown talent like Watkins, Cash, Martinez etc.

In fact, I wonder if our eye might cast towards Bardghji now Lange is here.

View: https://youtu.be/S10FgWOcky0?si=BW9oVWiLAsM5WCZB

Reading abit about the guy, it seems like the main focus when he was at Copenhagen was to try and sign academy prospects that tye into the first team. Turned over massive profit when he was there due to this. Hojlund was one he brought into the Copenhagen team. Bardghji too, who's highly rated and only 17 years old right now and likely to make massive profit for them.

He went to Villa after their relegation scrap and they've now since qualified for Europe. Focusing more on home grown talent like Watkins, Cash, Martinez etc.

In fact, I wonder if our eye might cast towards Bardghji now Lange is here.

View: https://youtu.be/S10FgWOcky0?si=BW9oVWiLAsM5WCZB

Good understudy to deki.

No way Levy is letting him go, he's been unbelievable for us.

Yep. I never liked him for his main role which was the football philosophy of the club (Nuno, Gattuso etc) which was all over the place but the scouting, improvement in youth system and most of all ability to get deals over the line is second none and has been transformative.

Paratici as consultant could be his best position. He can get us deals done and great talents over but we don’t have to deal with his love of defensive managers. Potentially a win win.

Back
Top Bottom