Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Jose Mourinho continues to bitterly criticise his former home, insisting Roma and Tottenham ‘did not play to win’ and Italy ‘don’t have a very talented squad’ for EURO 2024.

The coach was sacked by the Giallorossi in mid-January, having won the Conference League and reached the Europa League Final, but failed to qualify for the Champions League.

He has now taken on a new job at Fenerbahce and used his past experiences to set the scene for this different role.

“What made me accept the Fenerbahce job was that I missed playing to win, training to win,” Mourinho told RTP.

“At Roma, I didn’t play to win. You always have to say that you play to win, but it’s not true. It wasn’t true and nothing changed after I left to the end of the championship.

“What we achieved in Europe was a little bit outside the norm, but on a national level, we were unable to compete. Fenerbahce will have its difficulties in Europe, but nationally it is historically between Fenerbahce, Besiktas, Galatasaray and sometimes Trabzonspor.

“I am motivated by challenging to win a league title and I missed that at Roma, I missed it at Tottenham, and I miss playing to win.”"

(source: Football Italia, Mourinho blasted Italy at EURO 2024, weak Roma and Tottenham 'did not play to win')

Back
Top Bottom