Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe people are getting twitchy already. Jose's good but he's not a miracle worker. He's got to have time to sort out the mess he inherited.
Otherwise he can just read through this forum and take the advice on here. Sure he can sort out the conflicting opinions :mourbye:

This is a team that Mourinho has inherited, not one he has taken five years to assemble. He has been in charge for just four matches and we have won three of them. The very least we can do is see what happens in the January window. Does he correctly identify our weaknesses and strengthen them with a couple of signings, whilst also managing to dump some of the unwanted dross ? Let's wait and see.

Will there be severe repercussions after last night's woeful performance ? I expect so but we will know for sure Saturday afternoon. At the moment he is watching, assessing and deciding. I suggest we let him get on with the job without being too over critical at this particular time.

Let's see what the squad is end of January.

This is a team that Mourinho has inherited, not one he has taken five years to assemble. He has been in charge for just four matches and we have won three of them. The very least we can do is see what happens in the January window. Does he correctly identify our weaknesses and strengthen them with a couple of signings, whilst also managing to dump some of the unwanted dross ? Let's wait and see.

Will there be severe repercussions after last night's woeful performance ? I expect so but we will know for sure Saturday afternoon. At the moment he is watching, assessing and deciding. I suggest we let him get on with the job without being too over critical at this particular time.

Let's see what the squad is end of January.

Guys, we're not going to sign anyone in January.

It's already at a stage where League Cup worthless, there is no prestige in winning it.

The FA Cup is a tough one for me to swallow (and an impossibility literally), I adore it but every year it's star burns less and less bright. Oddly it's history that keeps a flicker of life burning, but the FA does need to just bite the bullet and makes this Cup worth winning again, they have to whack a £30m winners prize fund on it. That sounds crude but there is a reason why Wimbledon has remained relevant and it's because they haven't ignored the $$$$.

The main point area I would disagree with you on, although not strongly, is that the nature of a knockout competition is that you can still draw some absolute dross. City's first win under the new regime was against Stoke (they famously lost to Wigan so it's not always a given), Woolich's first trophy in 15yrs was against relegated Hull, then followed up the following year against relegated Villa.

If you are good enough to be competing at the pointy end of the table and latter stages of CL the domestics will present themselves to you. In our recent adventures, we draw the champions in all bar one if I'm not mistaken. We need to be present at the top of the table consistently and we too will get our final against Wigan.

Are you preparing the ground for when Jose starts winning these cups??

Look at the state of you lot. One loss and you're already talking about the next manager. Give José some time for fucks sake. Bad thing is that the performance was beyond shit. Good thing is that the honeymoon is over, and now he should get back to the drawing board and try to fix that fucking midfield.

Totally agree

Ridiculous melting from posters who should know better

Looking at Jose interview after the game you can see what he thought about the give away penalty and he already knows what our problems are, I'm confident he will sort it out and quickly he certainly won't mess about or hold back.

Looking at Jose interview after the game you can see what he thought about the give away penalty and he already knows what our problems are, I'm confident he will sort it out and quickly he certainly won't mess about or hold back.

TBH I want ruthless Mourinho. Thing is it will only work if Levy backs him and by that I mean if a player isn’t good enough or doesn’t have the right attitude he is gone no question.

you look at United and Pogba and the shit that Cunt got away with including getting Mourinho out and you see where player power ends up.

if a player wants out sell them and if needed stick them in the reserves. Mourinho wasn’t my first choice but if he is here I want him to be an arsehole to any player not pulling their weight.

TBH I want ruthless Mourinho. Thing is it will only work if Levy backs him and by that I mean if a player isn’t good enough or doesn’t have the right attitude he is gone no question.

you look at United and Pogba and the shit that Cunt got away with including getting Mourinho out and you see where player power ends up.

if a player wants out sell them and if needed stick them in the reserves. Mourinho wasn’t my first choice but if he is here I want him to be an arsehole to any player not pulling their weight.

Nailed it and Pogpa to me represents everything that’s wrong with our beautiful game
Cunt

Pogba didn’t get Jose sacked. Jose got himself sacked. Results were awful, our football was dreadful and Mourinho just spent every press conference moaning about not having a new CB despite already spending a small fortune on Bailly and Lindelof. Like I’ve said before, Jose is fine when he’s winning. As soon as that stops it becomes a nightmare and he turns on everyone.

I don’t particularly like Pogba or his personality but he isn’t the reason why Mourinho lost his job.

Back
Top Bottom