Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd love the Europa too.
I think if we can find some form we could have a real chance of winning the Europa and the EFL Cup which would be a good season for me.
The key is getting some spark out of some of the squad. We can't continue to rely solely on Son and Kane, we need more from the rest of the attackers.
That would be a great season

2 cups and CL qualification!

EL qual would be dissapointing.

CL qual would be Good.

1 cup and EL qual would be Great.

1 cup and CL qual would be Fantatsic.

2 cups and CL qual would be Unbelievable... and won't happen.

*Title is a pipe-dream...
We're favourites for the EL and no reason why we can't win the LC so that's very much on the cards for me.

Beginning to suspect league performance will be poor though, 6th/7th. Will take that though

We are??

How come?

Because the bookies think they can make the most money by having us as favorites.

Likely a combination of us being a "big club" (For Europa anyways), not having won anything lately so fans are excited about us in the competition and more hopeful, having Jose so people run with the "serial winner" nonsense and always helped with us being an English club.

Being the bookies favorite doesn't mean much though as they don't create their lines based on most likely to win but most likely to bring in the most money.

I can't see any reasonable argument that would have us above United, Leicester and maybe Napoli and Milan.

Moreso because at the end of the group stage we were sitting at the top of the strongest league in Europe - had a mean defense, two of the best performing attackers in the world and a manager known for winning trophies where ever he goes.

Moreso because at the end of the group stage we were sitting at the top of the strongest league in Europe - had a mean defense, two of the best performing attackers in the world and a manager known for winning trophies where ever he goes.
That's fair, I suppose.

We haven't won anything in forever, tho.

Would expect that have factored more.

We are??

How come?
I shouldn't say this because it will definitely come back to haunt me, but I'd say we are favorites in every cup competition we're in this season.

The FA Cup is the most difficult one to predict - in the end it's more about luck than anything else. But in relation to the League Cup and the Europa League, I think we'll be well prepared for any match. Cup games are not regular games. For example, I'd be feeling confident facing Leicester in a EL two-legged tie. I wasn't feeling confident at all on Sunday.

That said, the schedule and our players conditions will have a big say in all this. God save Hojbjerg, Son and Kane.

I shouldn't say this because it will definitely come back to hunt me, but I'd say we are favorites in every cup competition we're in this season.

The FA Cup is the most difficult one to predict - in the end it's more about luck than anything else. But in relation to the League Cup and the Europa League, I think we'll be well prepared for any match. Cup games are not regular games. For example, I'd be feeling confident facing Leicester in a EL two-legged tie. I wasn't feeling confident at all on Sunday.

That said, the schedule and our players conditions will have a big say in all this. God save Hojbjerg, Son and Kane.
I admire your confidence.

Back
Top Bottom