Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can't beat experience and Mourinho has it in spades ...

Today he set up to have Son (switched flanks) and Bergwijn to run off Kane. Clearly the two front men had been told shoot low as Ederson is weak along the floor .... pretty much that was the inspiration ...

Behind that a keeper - back four - midfield three whose main job was to stop City playing and feed Kane. Not rocket science but superbly executed by a group of players who all know exectly what they are supposed to do ...

Aurier - Dier - Toby - Reguilon not the best back four in the EPL but starting too look very well drilled (remind you of any other title winning Mou teams) indeed swap in Doherty, Rondon? Tanganga, Davies, Sanchez and chances are that discipline will remain, that's what Mourinho demands.

Sissoko, Hojbjerg, Ndombele three players whose job today was to hound and harass the City big names, whilst we wind Blakey up he has a point Sissoko isn't a "world class" defensive or attacking midfield player, but what Blakey misses is that give Sissoko a job to do and he's immense. Having Winks, LoCelso, Fernandes, Dele is maybe not ideal cover, but again Mourinho will be drilling these players to step-up or indeed a January signing might be on the cards.

Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Bale, Moura, Lamela and now Sid .... come on that's as good as we've ever had up front and no question the best front seven in the EPL.

This is looking like a Mourinho side after just 12 months ... having a plan, even a boring plan, and getting your entire squad to stick to that plan is how you win things ... let's hope that once again Mourinho shows he's the man.

Last edited:
Self confessed Jose optimist. However, nothing short of perfect today.

His ability to navigate the big games has remained consistently fantastic throughout his career.

The comparisons with Inter are right, of course, but also I was reminded today of Chelsea in their first ever season under Mourinho where they were very good defensively, conceeding a record low of 15 goals over the season. I remember the way they defended, allowing the other team to do things in certain areas but as soon as the opp entered certan territory the defending was intense and carried out as a team which made it extremely effective. That's exactly what we saw today.

Winning trophies requires luck as well. With injuries. With what the opposition come up with. With officiating etc. But we can clearly defend, we have tactics and a game plan, we have three world class forwards which will continue to score goals. And Chelsea are probably the only other team who I think look half decent so far and they've played a number of shit sides like Newcastle today who were woeful. I'm starting to get a bit excited about our prospects this season to be honest.

I admit that am an Inter fan. Today's performance gave me some 2009/2010 flash backs. And against Pep of all people.

I hope Spurs win gold soon. Fingers crossed.
And you clearly are an Adriano's fan also, no? Great foorballer and a great man, always fun to hear his stories when he left football, very humble guy.

I admit that am an Inter fan. Today's performance gave me some 2009/2010 flash backs. And against Pep of all people.

I hope Spurs win gold soon. Fingers crossed.

During the summer there was chat about the summer transfer window before that season with inter where he got all the players he wanted in key positions. We said similar was happening with us. I’m not saying it will have exactly the same impact but when he is given what he wants playerwise it’s usually a good thing.

And you clearly are an Adriano's fan also, no? Great foorballer and a great man, always fun to hear his stories when he left football, very humble guy.
Glad people still remember him. How can I not be? He gave us some years of wonderful football. Shame that he finished his playing at top level so early.
During the summer there was chat about the summer transfer window before that season with inter where he got all the players he wanted in key positions. We said similar was happening with us. I’m not saying it will have exactly the same impact but when he is given what he wants playerwise it’s usually a good thing.
He asked for certain profiles of players, not for names necessarily. Some players, sure, but not all of them. Sporting director at the time said it himself recently.

"Branca was then asked if Mourinho ever asked him for specific players to be signed.

“He asked for very few and he always did it with great humility. He never put his foot down. He was convinced, and I think he still is, that a great coach must know how to win with the players he has.

“He pointed Quaresma out to us, it’s true, and we signed him. he spoke well of Deco and Carvalho, who he had coached at Chelsea. I told him I had other ideas and he did not take it badly, on the contrary. José knows how to listen.

“Who did we sign instead? Lucio from Bayern, for €5 million, since van Gaal did not let him play and coincidentally, we played the Champions League final against Bayern.

“We spent €15 million for Sneijder, who was at odds with Real Madrid and the final took place at their
stadium."
Ex-Inter Sporting Director Branca: "Built Treble Squad With Ibrahimovic Money, Conte Reminds Me Of Mancini"

125996374_2456717581300554_6743407962433587514_o.jpg

I have never been against his appointment, and always said let’s give him a chance after a summer window etc and look at us now , waking up to see Spurs top of the league is fucking awesome isn’t it! :mourbringit:

Back
Top Bottom