Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he has potential, but unfortunately we can't afford the time it would take for him to fulfil that potential. As we are looking at embedding Dier and Sanchez as our Toby/Jan replacements, we need the finished article now.

It’s the dreadful mistakes that makes me wary of him though, like his ridiculous tackle at Bournmouth last season.

He can’t seem to iron those out... if we are to persist with him, we need to loan him out for a year so that he plays and gets rid of those mistakes.
Yet when Toby and Jan do the same not a peep. And both, more from Toby the past two years have been present. Let's also talk Sanchez, Rose, Davies, Tripps, Dier and Auirier too. It's the same form EVERY defender mate. There is zero balance and objectivity when reviewing our defenders and plenty of recency/frequency and narrative bias too. He was just 21yrs old then and he's still only 22!!

Loads more mistakes to come from him given his age and from any 22yr old CB it's only to be expected. Nathan Ake, highly rated, fucks up every game I've ever seen him play, yet still highly rated, lots of talk on here that we should buy him, yet still he's at the heart of one of the worst defences in the league.

Yet when Toby and Jan do the same not a peep. And both, more from Toby the past two years have been present. Let's also talk Sanchez, Rose, Davies, Tripps, Dier and Auirier too. It's the same form EVERY defender mate. There is zero balance and objectivity when reviewing our defenders and plenty of recency/frequency and narrative bias too. He was just 21yrs old then and he's still only 22!!

Loads more mistakes to come from him given his age and from any 22yr old CB it's only to be expected. Nathan Ake, highly rated, fucks up every game I've ever seen him play, yet still highly rated, lots of talk on here that we should buy him, yet still he's at the heart of one of the worst defences in the league.

£40m..... "Pay the man." :angryscouser:

Don't!!!!!!

Hold on a sec, when did Toby or Jan dribble up the pitch and lunge into a two footed tackle while we were down to 10 men like at Bourbmouth??

Everyone makes mistakes but fuckin hell, I think Foyth is on a different level.

Hold on a sec, when did Toby or Jan dribble up the pitch and lunge into a two footed tackle while we were down to 10 men like at Bourbmouth??

Everyone makes mistakes but fuckin hell, I think Foyth is on a different level.
Because you are getting hung up on focusing on specific errors ignoring the fact that he can play. That he is comfortable on the ball, able to bring it out from the back. That his positioning is, on the whole, good. That he competes well, the oppo are pressured by him. He's not bullied off the ball, despite being the target of such oppo treatment.

But this type of player is, of course, irrelevant with long ball Jose.

He didn't get enough playing time under Poch since joining us.
I think there's definitely a player in there but it needs games in a top-level league to come out.
Almost all young players make tons of mistakes. Failure is merely a stop on the way to success.

Have we wasted too much of his critical development time for his top-level best self to actualize? I don't know, but him going out on loan to get as much top-flight football as possible this next season is critical to finding out.

Last edited:
I've said it before, but I really like him. He's got some great qualities and there's a really good footballer in there for someone to benefit from in the future, I just don't think it will be with us sadly. He's only 22 so still a few years from his peak, but he needs game time to improve and I don't think he'll get that with us.
Unfortunately I think he's going to get sold in the summer. Though my preference would be for him to go out on loan for a season somewhere he'll get regular minutes then reassess when he returns.

All the papers are quoting transfer fees as if C-19 hadn't happened.
My guess is mainly loans with an option.
Can't see us getting double digits for Juan.

Full international Argie will get a decent sum. He has an amazing highlights package.

I'd prefer to keep him and loan him out. But I'd rather we played Ndom over Winks so what do I know.

Brilliant news. Potential Prem loan for him.

Brilliant news in the sense that a) he's not being sold b) he's going to Leeds who have a sensational manager that gets his teams to play the beautiful game.

If there is truth in this and they think he's a Ben White (baller) replacement then they aren't wrong, Foyth is also a baller too, just enforces what I believe.

Do Vertonghen, Davies, Toby, Sanchez and Dier not make mistakes? Ther isn't such a thing as a player that doesn't make mistakes.
I’ve said my view on this before.

There’s a difference in making a mistake and going into a two foot challenge further up the pitch in the opposition half when we are a man down like he did in the Bournmouth game.

I think the latter is far more disturbing.

I’ve said my view on this before.

There’s a difference in making a mistake and going into a two foot challenge further up the pitch in the opposition half when we are a man down like he did in the Bournmouth game.

I think the latter is far more disturbing.
Go through every red card handed out and you could apply those comments to a huge majority and to some of the biggest names that have ever played the game.

Go through every red card handed out and you could apply those comments to a huge majority and to some of the biggest names that have ever played the game.
Letting a contested ball bounce in your own penalty area in a cup final. An error so school boy its drilled into 12 year olds. Yes Ledley King I'm looking at you. The modern youtube forum boss football fan would have N'dombeled him for life.

Back
Top Bottom