Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice bit of play from Foyth here in the build to Villarreal's second goal today against Cadiz. Best I've seen him play in the midfield role and he's playing well at RB and CB recently. An improved player.

He is definitely a baller.

Shame he didn’t work out for us at CB, Poch and Mou really should have tried to change his position, well Poch did try in his last season but Foyth picked up an injury.

I think we may regret getting rid of him, Vilarreal will certainly choose to buy him.

He is definitely a baller.

Shame he didn’t work out for us at CB, Poch and Mou really should have tried to change his position, well Poch did try in his last season but Foyth picked up an injury.

I think we may regret getting rid of him, Vilarreal will certainly choose to buy him.

I don't think so at all, he has had some poor performances for Villarreal.

I think he is the kind of player that shows up on a few highlights after he leaves so former fans wish he was back here, but the fans of the team that has him sees the minutes outside the highlights and pull their hair out wondering why he is so inconsistent.

He certainly has some natural ability but way too inconsistent and way too error prone for a team like us, Villarreal is a much better fit in terms of league and place in that league and overall.

I think he is the kind of player that shows up on a few highlights after he leaves so former fans wish he was back here, but the fans of the team that has him sees the minutes outside the highlights and pull their hair out wondering why he is so inconsistent.

He certainly has some natural ability but way too inconsistent and way too error prone for a team like us, Villarreal is a much better fit in terms of league and place in that league and overall.
Whereas Sanchez seems worthy of a starting position these days.
:mourcheeks:
And Tanganga as our new RB signing.

My point is that this run of games is bringing out a better and more assured player. He's 23 and never had this run of games as a senior player, makes a big difference to a young players decision making and physicality. He's been excellent the last 6/7 games in particular.

Played very well against Dinamo (and Orsic - RB vs LW).

He did play well because he is good defensively. But like Tanganga he's more of a CB than a RB or at least a very defensive RB something that we as a club shouldn't be looking at. We want a modern day FB.

Also he's not suited to the Premier league anyway , too weak imo and gets done easily by either really good PL players or your 'Burnley' type player for strength.

He’s another one that should have had a loan a couple of seasons ago instead of hanging around on the fringes.
I really like him, but he never played enough for me to think that he was cut out for the prem. I think if he’d gone out on loan when he was 20/21 and got regular playing time we’d have been able to make a decision on him earlier. If he wasn’t going to cut it for us we would have been able to get him sold and off the wage book sooner.

He did play well because he is good defensively. But like Tanganga he's more of a CB than a RB or at least a very defensive RB something that we as a club shouldn't be looking at. We want a modern day FB.

Also he's not suited to the Premier league anyway , too weak imo and gets done easily by either really good PL players or your 'Burnley' type player for strength.
He's not good enough / not suited to the Prem. Struggled with the speed of football here at times. If we get €15mill, that's a good result.

Who gives a fuck what he does for Villarreal? He's not coming back and he has clearly shown he isn't good enough and is an accident waiting to happen in a Premier League back four.

The Argentinian Beckenbauer/Baresi he was hyped up as, he is clearly fucking not...morphed into a full back role he's clearly not suited to because he was far too ball-watchy and shin-happy with his tackling at centre half.

Tanganga is already a better player.

I keep an eye on all our players that are out on loan if I can as they’re still spurs players. I like to see whether they improve enough to become part of our squad or if they’re likely to be sold on instead. A decent loan spell could be the difference between selling someone for 5m or 15m so I always hope players have a good loan.

I keep an eye on all our players that are out on loan if I can as they’re still spurs players. I like to see whether they improve enough to become part of our squad or if they’re likely to be sold on instead. A decent loan spell could be the difference between selling someone for 5m or 15m so I always hope players have a good loan.
Villareal being willing to pay the 15 mil release clause is good news for all parties. We get 15 mil to work with in our rebuild. Villareal get a player that they rate. And Foyth gets to stay in a league that suits him more than the Premier League (at this point in his career at least).

I am happy to see the loan working out for him since he ha a rough start to it.

Who gives a fuck what he does for Villarreal? He's not coming back and he has clearly shown he isn't good enough and is an accident waiting to happen in a Premier League back four.

The Argentinian Beckenbauer/Baresi he was hyped up as, he is clearly fucking not...morphed into a full back role he's clearly not suited to because he was far too ball-watchy and shin-happy with his tackling at centre half.

Tanganga is already a better player.
Lol

You haven't watched Foyth then. He's better than Tanganga, Sanchez and Dier. He's good enough to be in our squad. But better for him to stay at Villareal.

Back
Top Bottom