Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are 20 clubs in La Liga. You are literally wrong.

So you would classify Villareal in the same group as RM, AM and Barca?

You are really getting worked up on a term that has no defined set of what it has to be. There could be 3 top teams 12 mid level teams and 5 bottom teams. Nobody said each group has to be the exact same number of teams. In fact doing so would be a stupid way to judge them.

i will change it to 2nd tier team if that makes you feel better, doesn't change the point at all but maybe then you take a breath and get over your pedantic concerns with the wording used to point out the FACT they are not a top La Liga team.

We have a number of players on loan. We really cannot incorporate them all into the squad next season. We cannot increase the number in the squad and for every one brought back someone has to leave. We made a lot of changes this summer and if Levy does not spend money buying new players John Thomas quite rightly will go mad. So assumimg we buy 2/3 new players only 2/3 on loan players can return to the squad with a realistic chance of game time. Skipp is top of that list but I really cannot see Foyth being on the list.

Foyth completed the most tackles in the entire match, completing five in total.

The only other player to come close to that was Uros Racic, who completed four tackles from the midfield.

The Spurs loanee also kept his passing clean and crisp, accurately placing 23 out of 27 passes – giving the 23-year-old an accuracy of 85%.

The Argentine defender has played 21 matches in total for Villarreal this season, with six of these coming in the Europa League.

Foyth completed the most tackles in the entire match, completing five in total.

The only other player to come close to that was Uros Racic, who completed four tackles from the midfield.

The Spurs loanee also kept his passing clean and crisp, accurately placing 23 out of 27 passes – giving the 23-year-old an accuracy of 85%.

The Argentine defender has played 21 matches in total for Villarreal this season, with six of these coming in the Europa League.
In starts in La Liga his record is P8 W1 D3 L4, he's been subbed off 4 times (2 at HT) and he has been booked 4 times...3 of those times in his last 4 games when he's been playing a bit more as Gaspar was injured, he's coming back now so I expect Foyth to lose his place at full back and likely not play much again.

In starts in La Liga his record is P8 W1 D3 L4, he's been subbed off 4 times (2 at HT) and he has been booked 4 times...3 of those times in his last 4 games when he's been playing a bit more as Gaspar was injured, he's coming back now so I expect Foyth to lose his place at full back and likely not play much again.
Foyth is an awful defender, I'd be amazed if he ever plays for us again.

The guy can play football no question but I don't think he's a cb. Regular game time and training and converting him to a dm would bring the best out of him imo. Technically he's absolutely miles ahead of Dier.

He's very good technically.

But he's not a Premier league CB no way is he strong enough. Makes too many errors which get punished in this league.

£15m to Villarreal in the summer and we re-invest in a new CB makes sense tbh

Juan Foyth (Villarreal)

Foyth has become an important part of the Villarreal defence in recent weeks after a slow start to his time in Spain.

He was again at right-back and played 90 minutes for Unai Emery's side as they went down 2-1 at Valencia.

Foyth's versatility will ensure he continues to get minutes, having already played at centre-back, in midfield and right-back for Emery's team.

Villarreal have an option to purchase Foyth at the end of his loan in Spain and he has now made 21 appearances for his loan club, with 11 in La Liga.

Back
Top Bottom