Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crazy how many players have left and won trophies .. this seems like a statistic just waiting to get dug up by anti Spurs Twitter trolls
Thankfully they'll mostly be Woolwich fans and we now have a great Unai Emery stat, that's actually a great quiz question...he's won 4 out of 5 EL finals, name the only team he failed with?

Why is it that so many fans are obsessed with the amount of trophies our ex-players.

Apart from a few players who went on to win something for English clubs and Real Madrid (they were all World Class level) - what does it matter when players go on to win trophies in other leagues? It's totally different.

A win like that of yesterday was a fairytale for Villareal (1st major trophy in their history) and I'm happy for Foyth and Capoue. Whether they are good enough for us and what we need is a different discussion though. But this counting of all kinds of trophies (including Finnish, Saudi and MLS) is obsessive.

Maybe it's just me.

He makes mistakes.
I am sick of mistakes.
I agree with this.

We need to get rid of mistake riddled players like Aurier, Dier, Sanchez and Sissoko not add to them.

After the mistake riddled players go then get rid of the bang average squad of Davies, Winks, Lamela and sadly Dele.

I wanted Doherty gone but now I'm thinking it's not realistic to bring 2 rbs in as well as 2 cbs.

He’ll be coming back hopefully bringing some winning mentality😀
Amazing though how emery has got them to beat manure with basically rejects and some old players. Bloody foyth capoue, Moreno , quacalan etc. How da hell has he managed that? Just shows a decent manager can do wonders unfortunately we had a Dinasour who couldn’t oraganize the proverbial piss up in a brewery. They now go into CL instead of joining us in conference. Missed opportunity.
Yep I completely agree with you mate.

Always makes me cringe when I hear pundits or fans talking about Spurs lacking 'winners' or needing a 'winning mentality' when you have countless examples of our ex-players or loan players or even current players with other teams/national teams all having very good trophy records.

It's a super lazy narrative to write on a team that doesn't win, basically sacking off all further analysis down to "not good enough mate".

Levy's confectionist says Conte will try to convince Foyth to stay, he see's him as a viable RB and RCB of 3, able to rotate with another of similar ilk who break forward, giving the other greater rest between sprints.

Levy's confectionist says Conte will try to convince Foyth to stay, he see's him as a viable RB and RCB of 3, able to rotate with another of similar ilk who break forward, giving the other greater rest between sprints.
This. I'm not a fan of back 5 so much, but it would seem to actually fit our available defensive players quite well:

LWB: Reguilon, Sessegnon
LCB: Davies, CBs
CB: Our CBs
RCB: Tanganga, Foyth, CBs
RWB: Aurier, Doherty

Why is it that so many fans are obsessed with the amount of trophies our ex-players.

Apart from a few players who went on to win something for English clubs and Real Madrid (they were all World Class level) - what does it matter when players go on to win trophies in other leagues? It's totally different.

A win like that of yesterday was a fairytale for Villareal (1st major trophy in their history) and I'm happy for Foyth and Capoue. Whether they are good enough for us and what we need is a different discussion though. But this counting of all kinds of trophies (including Finnish, Saudi and MLS) is obsessive.

Maybe it's just me.
Just another excuse for people to lay into the club they supposedly support.

Out of that list of players, we’d maybe want to have kept four or five of them. The rest were dumped for being shite, utter shite.

Can’t wait for all the Winks haters to suddenly get on their high horses when he wins the Scottish title with Rangers in six years time. He’ll be world fucking class then.

Just another excuse for people to lay into the club they supposedly support.

Out of that list of players, we’d maybe want to have kept four or five of them. The rest were dumped for being shite, utter shite.

Can’t wait for all the Winks haters to suddenly get on their high horses when he wins the Scottish title with Rangers in six years time. He’ll be world fucking class then.

No. No one will ever do that.

Even if he wins the Scottish title.

Fact.

Back
Top Bottom