Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The lad had 24 professional games, only 16 with us, when he left us. How any one can say he wouldn't make it in the PL is laughable.

How many games does he need to show he isn’t good enough?

Teams everywhere make decisions on players will less games all the time.

I also think he could make it in the PL but only at a lower club than what we supposedly aim to be. For a bottom half team he could potentially be ok.

Foyth was never going to be good enough to be a starter for us.

We should've set a higher 'option to buy' fee for him, but selling him wasn't the wrong choice.

I personally don't think he was given a fair crack of the whip, but can understand people's misgivings. We have worse still at the Club though, but suppose we couldn't really go back on the deal. Nice to get a reasonable wedge for him, let's hope the money is used sensibly.

He plays for the Argentina national team but according to some Spurs fans, he’s not good enough for us.

He was due to come off contract with us next summer. I think he had a rough ride from some sections of our support base and was unlikely to sign a new contract - players want to be loved not heckled. I think selling him was the right thing to do rather than letting him go for free next summer.

He plays for the Argentina national team but according to some Spurs fans, he’s not good enough for us.

He was due to come off contract with us next summer. I think he had a rough ride from some sections of our support base and was unlikely to sign a new contract - players want to be loved not heckled. I think selling him was the right thing to do rather than letting him go for free next summer.
Mate, Sissoko plays for France, Sanchez for Colombia, Dier has played regularly for England, not to mention a tonne of other crap who've consistently played for England. International selection is not a true barometer of talent.

He wasn't good enough, certainly never a CB, and glad he's gone. Now to ship out more of the deadwood...

This was his most recent contribution for Argentina...

How many games does he need to show he isn’t good enough?

Teams everywhere make decisions on players will less games all the time.

I also think he could make it in the PL but only at a lower club than what we supposedly aim to be. For a bottom half team he could potentially be ok.
How many games have utter shitcunts like Sanchez had for the club? Foyth has always looked to have the ability to become twice the player Sanchez ever has or will be for us.

The key difference though? Sanchez cost 42 million. Therefore, like other useless plebs like Sissoko and Lamela, Levy will refuse to sell him no matter how terrible they play week in week out or how they negatively impact the team, because he will never make a profit on them.

In general developing young center backs is a fools game. If one comes through the academy he won’t be any good until he’s 25, maybe even 27. Same with buying 20-year olds for the role. You can’t give them game time at a high level without shipping loads of goals and points. It’s just not worth it.

Mate, Sissoko plays for France, Sanchez for Colombia, Dier has played regularly for England, not to mention a tonne of other crap who've consistently played for England. International selection is not a true barometer of talent.

He wasn't good enough, certainly never a CB, and glad he's gone. Now to ship out more of the deadwood...
Don’t forget Wanks played for England
Some on here still rate him!!
lol 😂

How many games have utter shitcunts like Sanchez had for the club? Foyth has always looked to have the ability to become twice the player Sanchez ever has or will be for us.

The key difference though? Sanchez cost 42 million. Therefore, like other useless plebs like Sissoko and Lamela, Levy will refuse to sell him no matter how terrible they play week in week out or how they negatively impact the team, because he will never make a profit on them.

Sanchez needs to go as well. We shouldn't be comparing Foyth to bad players at our club we need to look at the players at the clubs around us and Foyth is not at that level.

Sanchez needs to go as well. We shouldn't be comparing Foyth to bad players at our club we need to look at the players at the clubs around us and Foyth is not at that level.
We are arrogant if the player who won EL and plays for Villareal isn't good for our 25 man squad.

Foyth had a place here.

The thing that bothered me about Foyth was the mistakes on one hand, which I thought he could eventually learn to iron out, but also he was injury prone as well.

I don’t know how many games he has played at Villareal this season but he spent a lot of time out of the lineup when he was with us.

I remember in Poch’s final season he was going to be out starting right back but he got injured and was out until Christmas or something.

Fair comment, but I think Foyth is far better than both Dier and Sanchez.

Therefore, surely we should be looking to get rid of our worst centre backs first?
I just think getting rid of Foyth for 15 million is ridiculous, considering the new manager hasn’t even had a chance to assess if he could make a player out of him or not.

His style of play did not suit the premier league

Too weak for a CB and makes too many errors trying to bring ball out of play.
La liga suits him perfectly.

Good move all round imo.

Back
Top Bottom