Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another reason to hate Mourinho. He did so much harm.
I dislike Jose as much as the next person but at least he got him playing football. Pochettino should have loaned him out years ago. Foyth still plays like he’s 18, for all his promise he still makes the same mistakes over and over. People are moaning about Dier and Sanchez (and rightfully so) but Foyth makes even more mistakes than they do.

It was an option to buy after the initial loan, it was ok'd in September. He is only 23 and raw, we will regret this considering some of the true quality shit we should be offloading first. We have Sanchez who has player 10 times more football is older and still makes howlers.
We don't have one defender worth a damn. Realistically we need 2 rb, at least 1lb to compete with Sess and at least 3cb and Rodon

Both Poch and Mourinho did not play him and he went with option to buy. No regrets and would rather get someone new although as not in squad he does not need replacing.

Villarreal won the EL, but Foyth almost cost them that opportunity when he gave away a penalty against Woolwich. Foyth was saved by a handball on VAR. He is a liability.

Very raw but will be a very good buy for them. There is a decent player in there that Spurs failed to bring on. I know I will probably get disagrees but you mark my words.

Foyth, especially playing RB, has a dangerous combination of being way too easy to walk around and way to rash in his tackles that lead to penalties and free kicks in dangerous areas.

Good for him for finding a spot at Villareal that seems to really suit him. I can't see any way that he would have worked here, he isn't close to good enough.

Maybe as RCB in a back 3 but then I think he is a downgrade from Tanganga in that spot and not really as good as you would ideally want if we want to be a top 4 club. He would at best be passable and I think we should aim for higher than that.

It would be great if we used the money from him to improve the CB position but unfortunately it looks like we will spend it on someone like Andersen or Mancini instead.

Still ended up as a good piece of business for us and it worked out for him and Villareal which is good to see.

Foyth, especially playing RB, has a dangerous combination of being way too easy to walk around and way to rash in his tackles that lead to penalties and free kicks in dangerous areas.

Good for him for finding a spot at Villareal that seems to really suit him. I can't see any way that he would have worked here, he isn't close to good enough.

Maybe as RCB in a back 3 but then I think he is a downgrade from Tanganga in that spot and not really as good as you would ideally want if we want to be a top 4 club. He would at best be passable and I think we should aim for higher than that.

It would be great if we used the money from him to improve the CB position but unfortunately it looks like we will spend it on someone like Andersen or Mancini instead.

Still ended up as a good piece of business for us and it worked out for him and Villareal which is good to see.
The lad had 24 professional games, only 16 with us, when he left us. How any one can say he wouldn't make it in the PL is laughable.

Back
Top Bottom