Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This. I'm not a fan of back 5 so much, but it would seem to actually fit our available defensive players quite well:

LWB: Reguilon, Sessegnon
LCB: Davies, CBs
CB: Our CBs
RCB: Tanganga, Foyth, CBs
RWB: Aurier, Doherty
Agree apart from they are all shite apart from Tangana

Agree apart from they are all shite apart from Tangana

What?

Reguilon, Sess would be great fits in a back 5 and solid depth. Toby at the center of a back 3 likely has at least one very good season left in him. Rodon is good as a back-up CB in the back 3. Doherty is fine as the back-up RWB.

We need two new CB's, probably need that even if we play a back 4 and a new RWB to start, again needed in any formation.

What?

Reguilon, Sess would be great fits in a back 5 and solid depth. Toby at the center of a back 3 likely has at least one very good season left in him. Rodon is good as a back-up CB in the back 3. Doherty is fine as the back-up RWB.

We need two new CB's, probably need that even if we play a back 4 and a new RWB to start, again needed in any formation.
Reg, Sess, Rodon and Tang all show promise, and might turn out to be good players but they are hardly proven quality.... I’m up for funding a system that works for our players and agree 3 at the back could be the way to go but u are overrating nothing more than promising / potential players there. Doherty is shite, rigid basic blockhead. Better in a 5 for sure, but he has little to no promise based on what I’ve seen

Doherty is shite, rigid basic blockhead. Better in a 5 for sure, but he has little to no promise based on what I’ve seen
Did you watch the Leicester game? He was the best player on the pitch for large parts of it. Had the most touches of any player in our squad and won the most aerials, won the most tackles and won the most interceptions.

It wasn't against some team with nothing to play for. Leicester were playing out of their skin to get top 4 and in their own stadium.

Did you watch the Leicester game? He was the best player on the pitch for large parts of it. Had the most touches of any player in our squad and won the most aerials, won the most tackles and won the most interceptions.

It wasn't against some team with nothing to play for. Leicester were playing out of their skin to get top 4 and in their own stadium.
That was one game...

Maybe with a different coach and a different system he regains some glimmer of what he was before, but everyone has had a game against a tough opponent where they were amazing. I remember when Winks was arguably the best player on the pitch one time against Madrid.

I don’t get this “he’s a right CB” and stuff. Mate you’ve been playing football your whole life and you can’t play to the left CB? What a joke.

honestly I think it is just lame excuses for shite players

Seems like a pretty common thing across all teams that makes sense if you thing about passing with your dominant foot and your positioning on the field.

Lol one game against a Leicester team doing their usual end of season bottling and not pressing us at all. Proves nothing.

He was super shit all season basically. I hope he improves in the second season but I think he's quite limited technically and beaten far too easily defensively.

Lol one game against a Leicester team doing their usual end of season bottling and not pressing us at all. Proves nothing.

He was super shit all season basically. I hope he improves in the second season but I think he's quite limited technically and beaten far too easily defensively.

Go and look at our defensive record with Doherty in the team (clue, its much better).

Some Argentine on Twitter has made a twitter thread of all the times Foyth has produced a error leading to a goal. I haven't gone through it so I am unsure on if it is just national team games or if they include club games.

What the fuck is he doing... just boot it. Goalie hasn’t covered himself in glory, either.

Cost us a handful of goals the same way - trying to dribble his way out of pressure. Get rid.
I think Norwich, when he gave the ball away doing exactly that same thing and they scored, was when Mourinho decided that Foyth had to go. Subbed him at half time and I don't think he ever picked him again.

We had a couple of chances to recover from the original mistake before the goal was scored, but Foyth carried the can.

Some Argentine on Twitter has made a twitter thread of all the times Foyth has produced a error leading to a goal. I haven't gone through it so I am unsure on if it is just national team games or if they include club games.

Sounds like a challenger for Reguilon.

Oh wait, no, he's apparently a World beater.

Back
Top Bottom