Jurgen Klinsmann Incoming?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you welcome him?

• Total voters
celebrations win GIF by HuffPost

Come home, Jürgen

OK he'd be a disaster but he's the reason I fell in love with Spurs as a 13 year old growing up in South Wales, swings and roundabouts.
So he could be both the cause of your disease and the way you finally get over it as well. Synergy.

I want no part of him as a manager but I have heard a lot of fans of a certain age really excited about the thought and even surprised to hear that others are not a fan.

I think like the poster earlier they love Klinsmann the player and seem to not be so familiar with his managerial career.

I want no part of him as a manager but I have heard a lot of fans of a certain age really excited about the thought and even surprised to hear that others are not a fan.

I think like the poster earlier they love Klinsmann the player and seem to not be so familiar with his managerial career.
This is a good read if anyone is interested in a deep dive on US Soccer:

Inside the team, the four-plus years of inconsistent tactics and messages began to take a toll. Players described routinely having to figure out positions in the tunnel on the way onto the pitch. “The thing that got talked about the least in the national team for five years was soccer,” said a source close to the team.
NBC Sports’ Kyle Martino had also been hearing complaints from players about Klinsmann and Vasquez’s tactical shortcomings. The week after Straus’s piece came out, Martino traveled to California to watch the team practice. “I saw it firsthand. The training sessions were incongruous. They were muddled. They didn’t make sense, and they didn’t prepare the team for the weekend,” he recalled. “The players didn’t know what positions they were playing until the day of the game. I mean, it was a mess.”

Yeah, and USA have gone on to great things since he left.

Yeah Klinsmann, who was fired in 2016, was responsible for the US missing the 2018 World Cup.

:pocheyes:

The people in US Soccer didn't like Klinsmann because he criticized the MLS and wanted to bring in players that were playing in Europe. They always had an agenda against him for that.

Getting out of that group with Portugal and Germany in 2014 was the biggest accomplishment by US Soccer in my lifetime.

Yeah Klinsmann, who was fired in 2016, was responsible for the US missing the 2018 World Cup.

:pocheyes:

The people in US Soccer didn't like Klinsmann because he criticized the MLS and wanted to bring in players that were playing in Europe. They always had an agenda against him for that.
He does get blamed for it in some quarters, but that piece is wider-ranging than that.

Anyway, Klinsmann did a lot right as a like quasi-Director of Football for US Soccer, and you're right that he ruffled feathers that needed ruffling.

But as a head coach he's a fraud and the USMNT was just one of many examples of that.

No absolutely a No from me.
He fell out with Hertha BSC chairman within three months in his last tenure.
Tactically, philosophically totally inept, we don’t need more fosile football.

Klinsman is the reason I'm a Spurs fan. Wasn't interested in football as a boy but got totally swept up in Klinmania in late 94 when he came.

If we were to go down the dark road of total mediocrity then at least we'd have a man I have all the time in the world for as coach.

He's also bright and charismatic, beautifully spoken and one of the best strikers ever so whatever people say, we could (and probably will) do worse.

Simply put, if we're gonna be shit I'd rather be shit with someone I like

Do I think it’d be a disaster? Quite possibly.
Do I want to give him a try anyway? More than I’d like to give a chance to most people that‘ve been linked with the job.

I'm really not sure how much we should take from his past with other teams. They’re pretty much all odd situations, not your normal management roll.

I absolutely fell for Klinsmann when he arrived, and was mortified when he left. Then he came back and I fell in love again. I remember after his final game, waiting outside the gates as the players were leaving. Him and Nicola Berti together, both with a can of beer in each hand as Klinsmann drove past the police at the gates. I thought it was cool as fuck at the time. If only camera phones were a thing at the time.

none of that has anything to do with his management ability, but I don’t care. I love the guy and it would feel amazing after the last couple of years to have somebody who cares about our club, who we have an affinity for, to get the job

Back
Top Bottom