Jurgen Klinsmann Incoming?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you welcome him?

• Total voters
Even if you ignore the crap results his teams have got the amount of players from different teams that he has managed saying how awful it was should be a major concern.

This is not an issue of US players mad he wanted European based guys to come in or Bayern players spoiled by having top level managers, it seems to be a theme with the teams he has managed that the players all want to see him go.

That is not really a good sign for a guy we would be bringing in solely based on his status as a player with the club.

I'm not in favour of him coming in but i can actually see Levy going for him. Because of his status as a player it will deflect heat away from Levy and appease many fans. I believe he is cynical and brazen enough to do that.

If it's true he got in touch with Levy as soon as Jose was sacked he should of been given a chance then at least.

Let's face it, after Ardiles and Hoddle, our record isn't great with ex-players as Managers (in modern times.... Billy Nic obviously set the bar SO fucking high, it would be virtually impossible to repeat!)

...and the likes of Clive Allen, Chris Hughton and Ryan Mason were only Caretaker/interim roles... and probably made a better fist of it than Hoddle or Ardiles...
Klinsmann would be a PR stunt at best, and a Footballing shambles at worst...

I GENUINELY don't know who we should appoint any more...
Maybe the players can sort it out between them and manage themselves, seeing as every Coach we've had in recent times seems to 'lose the dressing room' eventually!!!

Let's face it, after Ardiles and Hoddle, our record isn't great with ex-players as Managers (in modern times.... Billy Nic obviously set the bar SO fucking high, it would be virtually impossible to repeat!)

...and the likes of Clive Allen, Chris Hughton and Ryan Mason were only Caretaker/interim roles... and probably made a better fist of it than Hoddle or Ardiles...
Klinsmann would be a PR stunt at best, and a Footballing shambles at worst...

I GENUINELY don't know who we should appoint any more...
Maybe the players can sort it out between them and manage themselves, seeing as every Coach we've had in recent times seems to 'lose the dressing room' eventually!!!
:sherwoodwtf:

The fact there are mixed feelings on this scares me. Levy could see this as a perfect easy choice to placate the fans who should by now absolutely fuming with this shit show.

How far we have fallen as a club, to where it seems Everton are more appealing than us (given the respective performances and profiles of the two clubs over the last decade).

I absolutely fell for Klinsmann when he arrived, and was mortified when he left. Then he came back and I fell in love again. I remember after his final game, waiting outside the gates as the players were leaving. Him and Nicola Berti together, both with a can of beer in each hand as Klinsmann drove past the police at the gates. I thought it was cool as fuck at the time. If only camera phones were a thing at the time.
:ap::ap::ap::ap::ap::ap::ap::ap::ap:

Given that he contacted Levy and it seems Levy sort of brushed him off and hasn't got back to him -and this is from Klinsmanns own version of events- I'd say it was highly unlikely.

What annoys me about the BBC peddling Klinsmann is that the story about him absolutely interested in the job has been on their front page for 11 days!!!! I've never seen a story up for more than a few days.

KiIGZz0.png

I think it's pretty clear that this is just media speculation rather than a tangible reality. No one ever gets hired as a manager by offering their services to a club. If you're not head-hunted right from the get-go, they don't want you.

14/1
4th favourite with the bookies for the job.

It's an easy mark for them, not a realistic estimation of Klinsmann's prospects of being hired. If football has a cancer, it's gambling.

I would actually love for JK to come back to WHL and there are few people I would rather see succeed as a manager with us but it's not going to happen. As I said, if a potential manager has to offer his services on TV, the club isn't interested.

What annoys me about the BBC peddling Klinsmann is that the story about him absolutely interested in the job has been on their front page for 11 days!!!! I've never seen a story up for more than a few days.

KiIGZz0.png
It's still fucking there! 13d !!! Even though we have a new manager! BBC license fee for the win.

Back
Top Bottom