Jurgen Klinsmann Incoming?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you welcome him?

• Total voters
What annoys me about the BBC peddling Klinsmann is that the story about him absolutely interested in the job has been on their front page for 11 days!!!! I've never seen a story up for more than a few days.

KiIGZz0.png

What annoys me about the BBC peddling Klinsmann is that the story about him absolutely interested in the job has been on their front page for 11 days!!!! I've never seen a story up for more than a few days.

KiIGZz0.png
It's still fucking there! 13d !!! Even though we have a new manager! BBC license fee for the win.

This is a good read if anyone is interested in a deep dive on US Soccer:

Yeah Klinsmann, who was fired in 2016, was responsible for the US missing the 2018 World Cup.

:pocheyes:

The people in US Soccer didn't like Klinsmann because he criticized the MLS and wanted to bring in players that were playing in Europe. They always had an agenda against him for that.

Getting out of that group with Portugal and Germany in 2014 was the biggest accomplishment by US Soccer in my lifetime.

Even if you ignore the crap results his teams have got the amount of players from different teams that he has managed saying how awful it was should be a major concern.

This is not an issue of US players mad he wanted European based guys to come in or Bayern players spoiled by having top level managers, it seems to be a theme with the teams he has managed that the players all want to see him go.

That is not really a good sign for a guy we would be bringing in solely based on his status as a player with the club.

I'm not in favour of him coming in but i can actually see Levy going for him. Because of his status as a player it will deflect heat away from Levy and appease many fans. I believe he is cynical and brazen enough to do that.

14/1
4th favourite with the bookies for the job.

It's an easy mark for them, not a realistic estimation of Klinsmann's prospects of being hired. If football has a cancer, it's gambling.

I would actually love for JK to come back to WHL and there are few people I would rather see succeed as a manager with us but it's not going to happen. As I said, if a potential manager has to offer his services on TV, the club isn't interested.

I think my profile pic shows what I thought about Klinsmann as a Spurs player, but as our manager? No thanks, the guy has no club management experience besides very short stints at Bayern (where he was awful) and Hertha Berlin, where he was there for all of two and a half months.

Back
Top Bottom