Just got back from the game!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only a few years ago, Villa thought themselves on our level. They scoffed at our two 5th place finishes under Jol and along with alot of others, they reveled in our miserable year with Ramos.
They even thought they unearthed a great winger which they overpaid Watford for and mugged off Man Utd by selling the shit Aaron Lennon off to them! These are the same cunts that thought they would come to the Lane thrash us 1-4 but didn't realize we were Tottenham, Super Tottenham from the Lane!!

I always like to get to as many away fixture's as I can and once again the Yid Army was out in force singing long renditions of "We sing what we want" prior to the start. Villa fans were making their excuses even before the game had started. Villa Park looked more like Blackburn away than Villa, half empty!

Amazing delivery by Holtby for the first goal, although I thought we were in for a long night with Defoe missing a great opportunity earlier. Their reserve keeper was shit and amazingly we scored from a corner, something I was complaining about earlier this week, saying we don't score enough from set pieces! Our fans have been really good (except at the library) and again we out sung the Brummies throughout!

We were a tad fortunate early in the first half with a few decisions, seemed like Sandro was getting away with a fair bit. From where we were sat, I couldn't see the Vertongen short pull on the Villa player but there was a general feeling that we got alot of decisions go our way, which has been in the case in other games this season.

Lamela needs to learn the language as quickly as possible and settle into life in London, I feel only then will we see his true worth. He also needs to bulk up ala Bale. Chiriches looks generally tidy although had a nervous first half but looks intelligent especially when he was switched to right back. Same goes with Fryers, shakey in parts but he grew into the game. Kane would have also learnt from this experience and both these youngsters will need game time to develop their confidence.

There's no doubt alot more to come from this side and under AVB we actually look like a robust, comfortable and organised squad. It's really exciting being a Spurs fan at the moment and I've only been this excited a handful of times as a yiddo, when we had Villa, Ossie, Crooks, Hoddle and Archibald, then when Maradonna played for us, then when we had Gazza & Waddle then Gazza & Linekar!!! Let's just hope and prey these players deliver!!!

Say hello to my little friend

Sandro-008.jpg

Love the opening paragraph of this.
I remember Villa fans popping up everywhere during the Ramos season!
They've not beaten us in Ten now.

"but there was a general feeling that we got alot of decisions go our way, which has been in the case in other games this season."
Was just talking to a friend (that I convinced to follow Tottenham this season) about how many decisions are going our way this season. He didn't understand why I was so confused.

To be fair, I think Lambert is employing the right approach long-term - they are a very young side with considerable potential and he has the monumental task of having to rebuild and mould a team of very little 'apparent' quality. I hope they give him time as, I believe it will pay off in the future.

As to AVB - long may he be with us

I remember losing to Charlton in the Jol era and thinking we were no better than them.

True...on the pitch at least at the time..

Thing is that they were claiming we were no bigger than them. West Ham too.

One reason why history and prestige matters, is that it allows us to climb out of era's like that and realise our potential as a club. We could still attract better players and managers, and had the financial backing and skills to bounce back.

Its like Fulham claiming to be as big a club as Liverpool these days.

Back
Top Bottom