Kane’s last home game for Spurs - Brentford, 1230 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And you'll be back next season spending your money on a season ticket yet ready to boo them when the team is in a perceived bad moment, you should save your money if something like that genuinely upsets you because you booing players/the team isn't helping the team whatsoever, you know what the term supporter means right...?The first first 7 letters of that word should be enough to tell you what your job is when you turn up and go to matches.

But yeah you do you with your self entitlement.
I haven't personally been for a few years....money/family reasons, but if i would be booing it would be more directed to Levy than the players anyway......they can't help being shit....but forgive me and others if we're not exactly doing fuckin Kumbuya's at this car crash of a season.

I haven't personally been for a few years....money/family reasons, but if i would be booing it would be more directed to Levy than the players anyway......they can't help being shit....but forgive me and others if we're not exactly doing fuckin Kumbuya's at this car crash of a season.

This is what should be happening, direct it at the person who deserves it not the players.

Genuine question; how does one "direct" booing? ...Esp. if it's someone that exists outside of game-play?

This is not a modern Tottenham phenomia about entitlement. We've always done it, how short some memories are. I hate the booing of individual players but lets not forget John Lacy, John Pratt, Terry Fenwick, Chris Armstrong, Bobby Mimms. Before my time but Terry Venables got it as a player. There were constant grumbles about Mark Falco and Paul Miller which i could never understand as i liked them but the fans doing it had obviously got used to Greaves, Mackay, Chivers and England. The team were regulaly booed off in the 70s and even parts of the 80s so lets not rewrite history.
I watched them at home in the 70s, 80's, 90's and noughties and have no recollection of booing like we hear now, I don't even remember it in the season we went down, certainly not in the games I saw.
As for player abuse, it was mostly smart arse shouts rather than orchestrated abuse in the way that Sanchez got.
How is that supposed to gee a player up?

When Danny Thomas missed a penalty in the final in 84 the stadium sang his name like he scored the winner - that was the kind of support we produced "back in the day"

Gee them up - not knock them down

I watched them at home in the 70s, 80's, 90's and noughties and have no recollection of booing like we hear now, I don't even remember it in the season we went down, certainly not in the games I saw.
As for player abuse, it was mostly smart arse shouts rather than orchestrated abuse in the way that Sanchez got.

When Danny Thomas missed a penalty in the final in 84 the stadium sang his name like he scored the winner - that was the kind of support we produced "back in the day"

There was definitely booing, i remember a load in the 90s as was a season ticket holder then. The atmosphere at the end of Gerry Francis and the majority of George Graham makes now seem pleasent. There were so many fan on fan scraps and the team, manager and Sugar got dogs abuse.

As for players we were even known as the Tottenham boo boys in the press. When i first started going late 70s John Pratt had plenty of booing and generally there was always someone. I've hated individual player booing ever since.

Proudest moment of all my Tottenham memories - had shivers down my spine fantastic support for a fantastic person - what a bloody night that was.

I understand fans being frustrated but I'm not a fan of booing our own players, it's a bit weird and self-entitled and it won't achieve anything useful.

Far better to not attend games and therefore not give the club any of your money if you are not happy with how things are going.

There was definitely booing, i remember a load in the 90s as was a season ticket holder then. The atmosphere at the end of Gerry Francis and the majority of George Graham makes now seem pleasent. There were so many fan on fan scraps and the team, manager and Sugar got dogs abuse.

As for players we were even known as the Tottenham boo boys in the press. When i first started going late 70s John Pratt had plenty of booing and generally there was always someone. I've hated individual player booing ever since.
I loved Pratt he was no world beater but always gave everything he possibly could - but yeah he did get a fair bit of stick

I’m consistently amazed at our lack of professionalism, sometimes as a team we just seem like rank amateurs.
A good example of this is Skipp. He gets the ball in a dangerous area, completely fails to control it, turns closer to our box getting into more danger, tries to dribble it around the attackers, still not quite controlling it, it gets taken off him like candy off a baby and they score.
A proper professional would have understood the danger the second the ball was not controlled and would have hoofed it upfield, the priority thought being to clear the danger.

I didn’t see the game yesterday but your post made me wonder what he had done so just watched it.

Not sure if you are at the game or watched it on tv?

But he never had it under control.

First touch was so bad it went behind him almost over his shoulder. So he’d already turned into trouble.
This point he could potentially do a “have it” left foot volley out of play - or if he’s better technically then a half volley left footed pass across the pitch. I’d imagine son would be in that area. But that’s a split second thing - hopefully he learns from it.

Crazy bad first touch though. If you get the chance freeze it when the ball is about to touch his right foot. The players behind him are nowhere near him.

Ultimately he just made the total wrong choice. But is he a 1st choice or 5th choice player?

OK - I'm sure at times it happened, my job never allowed me to be a ST holder, but I went whenever I could, and I have no recollection of it, but I can understand it in the GG period, where nobody wanted the twat, and he would have had to have delivered back to back league titles to gain acceptance.
God knows why you remember John Pratt being booed, when there were players like Anthony Gardner and the ex West Ham donut Davenport? They deserved stoning.

I didn’t see the game yesterday but your post made me wonder what he had done so just watched it.

Not sure if you are at the game or watched it on tv?

But he never had it under control.

First touch was so bad it went behind him almost over his shoulder. So he’d already turned into trouble.
This point he could potentially do a “have it” left foot volley out of play - or if he’s better technically then a half volley left footed pass across the pitch. I’d imagine son would be in that area. But that’s a split second thing - hopefully he learns from it.

Crazy bad first touch though. If you get the chance freeze it when the ball is about to touch his right foot. The players behind him are nowhere near him.

Ultimately he just made the total wrong choice. But is he a 1st choice or 5th choice player?
two years ago he was the Messiah and Winks was Satan

Back
Top Bottom