Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“A Wimmer Way, A Wimmer Way, A Wimmer Way, A Wimmer Way, A Wimmer Way, A Wimmer Way, A Wimmer Way, A Wimmer Way,
For the Tottenham, the mighty Tottenham, Kevin plays tonight” - Something along them lines
:freund:

Abba medley, 'mamma mia'

Kevin Wimmer
There he goes again
My My
How could spurs resist you
You could dedicate a whole Abba album to him!

Wimmerloo
How does it feel finishing fifth once more?
Wimmerloo
Promise you we will finish top four.

KjbbR6.gif

:pochohshit:

Practicing for when he is last man and slips over.

There's also a difference between quickness/acceleration and out and out pace. Like a car's 0 to 100 versus top speed. I think Dier is one of the fastest in the league once those legs hit full stride, but Hazard could probably run circles around him.
Which is why Marcus Edwards will dominate world football

Alot of interviews with Wimmer last week, the media really wants to know how he thinks about not playing that much so far... Wimmer: 'Ich bin nicht der Typ, der schnell aufgibt' - Premier League - LAOLA1.at Translated the interesting bits.

Interviewer: Being patient is important now, isn't it?
Wimmer: I have to admit, yes, but I shouldn't forget how big this club is. I knew it's going to be difficult. [...] The coaching team has been heavily working with me on my fitness. [...] I know, I have to play, but I'm sure it my time will come.

I.: It doesn't seem easy against the Belgian centerback duo.
W.: Of course, they are both very experienced defenders, especially Vertonghen. I respect them alot and try to learn as much as possibly from both.

I.: How is your relationship to Pochettino?
W.: We've been talking more in recent time. I felt confident as I've started against Qarabag and Woolwich. I hoped to play more in the EL, but Poch didn't feel changing anything as Vertonghen and Alderweireld have been doing so well. [...] I asked if I wasn't training hard enough, but they said there are very happy with me. [...] You can't influence the game much as a defender.

I.: Does Pochettino plan with you on a long term?
W.: Yes, you could say that. [...] He is very focussed on fitness and wants to me to be fully prepared playing in the Premier League.

I.: Some PL minutes would definitely help your confidence...
W.: I can't deny that. We play offensive football, so there is little to no chance I might get subbed on as a defender. [...] I believe in remaining patient. It will come off if I do so.

I.: You are ready and fit, but don't play. How do you cope with this emotionally?
W.: It's not easy watching the game from the bench. The feeling would be even worse if I'd just be here to train and not have any talks with the coaches. [...] I am not the type to give up though, I have had this kind of situation when I was at Köln. I didn't play much there in my first year either. From the Bundesliga to the Premier League - it's a big step. I am young and I shouldn't start to rush things.

I.: Tottenham is an interesting team, it consists of a bunch of young players. Who are you friends with?
W.: I do alot with Dele Alli and Kieran Trippier, sometimes I also meet up with Danny Rose. My best mate though is Heung-Min Son, it's good to get to talk German with somebody at the club.

I.: Your club is currently fifth in the league and only lost once. There could've been a completely different situation if some draws would've been avoided...
W.: We know that. We deserved more from some of the games. Our goal is the top 4. [...] We got the squad to do it.

I.: London is a world city. How is life aside from football?
W.: London is great! Driving was difficult at first, but I got used to it by now. [...] There is so much to see! [...] The weather isn't that fantastic, but perfect for training. I love the restaurants and cafes.

I.: Alot of Austrian players are playing in England, is there already something like a community?
W.: I met Sebastian Prödl a few times and been to one of his games. I'm also good with Konstantin Kerschbaumer and Marko Arnautovic.

I.: All that's missing for the perfect life in England now are games, isn't it?
W.: Yes. I've mentioned it, I must accept my role for the time being. But it's not that big of a problem, I enjoy everything over here, even training. We meet up at breakfast, get to train and drive home after dinner. [...] It's different in the season preparation, we spend the whole day there. If we need a break, we've got everything: Table tennis, Billiard, a Playstation or get to rest a bit. I can't complain.

Last edited:
This is Poch on the selection questions:
“When a player is not in my plans, I tell you quickly but first I tell the player,” said Pochettino. “Kevin's in my plans, but when I put him on the bench, another player needs to be put out. Tell me which player you'd switch with him?

“I'm the manager and I always need to find balance on the bench. Ben Davies can play as a centre-back or as a full-back. I needed another right, not another left in Germany. If something happened with Dier or Kieran Trippier, I needed a right foot. So the decision is to give balance to the bench and the team if something happens.”

Right-footed teenager Cameron Carter-Vickers appears to have moved ahead of Wimmer in the Tottenham pecking order and Pochettino added: “Cameron shows in every session he is at the same level as others. Sometimes it's Cameron, sometimes Kevin, sometimes Ben Davies, sometimes Trippier, sometimes Walker.”

EDIT:
A bit more, sounded pissed off with the questions, god help him if he clicks onto this thread.
Told that fans and the media were confused by Wimmer's situation, Pochettino said: "Why are you confused? You are creating an issue that doesn't exist. You say it's a big problem for the supporters and media are very concerned.

"His situation was [he was] out of the 18 players. I need to take a decision about that."

Asked if Wimmer, who made 21 appearances last season, was still in his plans, Pochettino added: "Why not? When did I tell you he wasn't in my plans?

Mauricio Pochettino plays down talk on Kevin Wimmer's Tottenham future

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom