Kickstarter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry if this is typed poorly, but I have an idea:
Why dont we start a kickstarter website for Spurs? How many times has a transfer been 2M short of completion? How badly does everyone want Bale to stay, which would require near doubling of wages, and surrounding him with top level talent (which cost money)? How high are ticket prices because were trying to build a stadium/just build a new training ground? I want all of these things, but the reality is they all cost a lot of money that the club doesn't really have. Zach Braff with the help of 45,000 fans raised $3M and a watch company backed by 65,000 people raised $10M. By our twitter, we have 500,000 fans, and I think thats a gross undersell of our true fan base. If half of that just gave whatever they could, say $5 or $10, could you imagine what we'd be able to do? Lower ticket prices perhaps? Get Levy a rainy day fund to secure someone like Bernard or whoever we're linked to these days? Create a "Bale Please Stay" fund to subsidize his wages and show him how much we care about him? That last one would probably get a ton of media attention, and take off after that for sure. Also, who WOULDN'T want to play for a club with fan support that goes to such lengths to support their team? Before someone says it, I know United fans tried to get funds for Ronaldo and the club told them to stop, but I think thats because they're publicly traded? Even if we cant give direct money to the club, we could at least buy advertising with the club, or pay the Cup Kit sponsorship money? Get a nice big Audere est Facere right across the chest for all our Europe and FA cup matches? No matter what we use the money for, if we get the right backing, this thing could achieve wonders. Not only that, but in the end it only benefits, us, the fans! I supported this club initially because of how strong and passionate the fan base was, and I know that if we can get this thing going, theres no telling what we could do with it! COYS!

....are you suggesting we all dig deep(er) and chip in for a club we already support with hard earned cash??

Good luck with that!

But for what it's worth, I'm in! ...now where do I sign?

levypeeking.gif
Daniel? Is that you, you little rapscallion?

To be honest, I would stick ten bob in if it were guaranteed toward a specific cause (quite like the sponsorship idea, can't see it being possible).

That said, they do seem to get a fairly significant sum from me on a monthly basis.

To be honest, I would stick ten bob in if it were guaranteed toward a specific cause (quite like the sponsorship idea, can't see it being possible).

That said, they do seem to get a fairly significant sum from me on a monthly basis.

Are you that fussed about the cup kit sponsorship that you'd fork out your own money for it when it's quite obvious the club would have the funds to do it? Not having a dig just interested.

I just don't understand why this is any different from giving money to the club in any other way? It all goes into the same pot.
showing them we have a specific cause, and actual weight & unity as a fan base goes a long way. Say whatever you want about Levy & Co. but they wouldn't take our collective money (IF we pooled it together in one joint effort) and then just laugh at us. AVB hand wrote a bunch of letters to fans this year thanking them for support and stuff. You lot laughing are still paralyzed by the 'Arry terror days, when logic had absolutely no place at our club. AVB is really grounded, I think the whole squad is, and I think if they see the fans uniting for something like.. advertising or whatever? (just thinking of a nice big 'COME TO THE 1882 U21 GAME ON MONDAY!' or whatever floating around WHL on match days. You think you have big numbers at the games now? Imagine the 1882 crowd after some proper advertising) or even just behind the badge, the team would be behind us 100% after that. Even if Levy doesn't like the idea, I think we'd tie his hands tbh. Professionalism and unity goes a long way. Also, you lot shouldn't laugh... I currently have a kickstarter for $250k, this stuff works haha.

This is a ludicrous idea. No matter how much I love and support Tottenham, I would not donate money to be used for players wages or transfer fees. The club has to operate within the budget it has, from sponsors, ticket sales, replica etc. If this means we miss out on a player because his wage demands are too high/ we can't afford the transfer fee, then so be it. Tough shit for us.

Back
Top Bottom