Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Footballs coming home.

What else is everyone humming along to at at the moment?

Can’t get the fucking song out of my head.
Well I've been waking up each morning with the Russian national anthem stuck in me head. Weird.
Psychological effect of the sin bin, maybe?

Anyone still want him shipped out ASAP?

:kaneear:
I've always thought him invaluable as a relible squad player with a first class attitude. Just doubted wether he has the attributes needed to be first choice in a side that has title or champions league aspirations. His performances for England though are leading me to revise my onions, I think

Last edited:
I've always thought him invaluable as a relible squad played with a first class attitude. Just doubted wether he has the attributes needed to be first choice in a side that has title or champions league aspirations. His performances for England though are leading me to revise my onions, I think
However, you should never buy a player on the strength of a good World Cup, should you revise your opinion on that basis?

I've always thought him invaluable as a relible squad played with a first class attitude. Just doubted wether he has the attributes needed to be first choice in a side that has title or champions league aspirations. His performances for England though are leading me to revise my onions, I think

Always surprises me when people are amazed by Trippier in the world cup, yet somehow they missed the fact he's been playing the same way, and to the same standard for over a year now

However, you should never buy a player on the strength of a good World Cup, should you revise your opinion on that basis?
I suppose thats a fair point. Although he's already our player so we ain't buying him. I would just say that seeing him perform as well as he has in the role he's been given makes me think he's maybe a better player than I've given him credit for in the past

I suppose thats a fair point. Although he's already our player so we ain't buying him. I would just say that seeing him perform as well as he has in the role he's been given makes me think he's maybe a better player than I've given him credit for in the past
He’s playing very well that has to be said, but I’ve been impressed by him since he came into our side, so the difference hasn’t been great for me.

Anyone still want him shipped out ASAP?

:kaneear:
If Poch plays him in a back four I wouldn't shed a tear.

He's having a great World Cup and would love for him to play like this for Spurs, something he hasn't done without an obliging oppo wingback (Marcello). Would also like to see him on free kicks and corners, something he has NEVER done at Spurs.

He absolutely hasn't.

He has, and lots of people have being saying it for as long. Some of us are not astounded or amazed by Trippier for England. Just relieved he didnt get stage fright.

We havent imagined his quality when we've been telling you about it for the last season.

I find it a little far fetched for his detractors to be claiming that he has played to this standard for just three weeks, and those singing his praises and the manager have been wrong about his quality all season.

Always surprises me when people are amazed by Trippier in the world cup, yet somehow they missed the fact he's been playing the same way, and to the same standard for over a year now
No way! Think he seems to be playing even better than he has this season. Playing some killer balls and looks good offensively and defensively. My English player if the WC tbh (assuming the shire is in England!)

Poch obviously sees something in Trippier, which is why he’s played him almost all season, even though he’s had the options of Aurier and KWP instead.

I’ll trust Poch to know who’s good and who isn’t, the same way that people trust Southgate when he plays Sterling.

He absolutely hasn't.
Back it up pipes aye lad. Nothing more cunty than splashing the x's from behind the sofa.
He has, and lots of people have being saying it for as long. Some of us are not astounded or amazed by Trippier for England. Just relieved he didnt get stage fright.

We havent imagined his quality when we've been telling you about it for the last season.

I find it a little far fetched for his detractors to be claiming that he has played to this standard for just three weeks, and those singing his praises and the manager have been wrong about his quality all season.
Mate, he's been border-line calamitous in many games this season. People praising his crossing that hasn't found a Spurs player, most coming from deep, not getting behind the oppo etc., etc... He's rarely played this high up the pitch, the only time I can recall him being so advanced was against Madrid made easier by a huge hole vacated by an absent Marcello (that sounds bad on him, not meant to be he played well in that game but Marcello was a reason why). When he's played well I've come on here and deliberately made a point of that (because I've never rated him). I'd say I've done that 5 times the season just gone, that ain't a lot. For me that's nothing to get excited about.

Now, if Poch play's him like Southgate does, I'm all in 100%. But he simply has not played like this at Spurs, if he had I'd have been all over it waiving his metaphorical flag.

Back it up pipes aye lad. Nothing more cunty than splashing the x's from behind the sofa.

Mate, he's been border-line calamitous in many games this season. People praising his crossing that hasn't found a Spurs player, most coming from deep, not getting behind the oppo etc., etc... He's rarely played this high up the pitch, the only time I can recall him being so advanced was against Madrid made easier by a huge hole vacated by an absent Marcello (that sounds bad on him, not meant to be he played well in that game but Marcello was a reason why). When he's played well I've come on here and deliberately made a point of that (because I've never rated him). I'd say I've done that 5 times the season just gone, that ain't a lot. For me that's nothing to get excited about.

Now, if Poch play's him like Southgate does, I'm all in 100%. But he simply has not played like this at Spurs, if he had I'd have been all over it waiving his metaphorical flag.
I disagreed with your post, you always right twat. Back it up yourself and admit you don’t know everything, cunt. Most arrogant poster on here and that’s against some brutal competition.

Back
Top Bottom