Kim Min-Jae

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The early reports were saying that his club would only sell if the deal was completed before their new season starts, if I recall correctly their first game is today. Our window isn't open though so I doubt we'd have been making moves yet.

I think he's worth a punt for £15m, but I'll be surprised if the deal happens. I think we've got other priorities to sort out first.

He's not even in their squad today.

Deal is not dead. Chinese transfer window is currently closed so his club won't want to sell and not have an immediate replacement to bring in. However the window opens again for the whole of September so that's when we may see some movements

How did he look?
Hard to say.
The Chinese league isn't great. He would get found out in the PL if we dropped him in there right now.

He played like a player who's head has been turned by transfer rumours. Certainly didn't look that enthused.

Don't think he is a Mourinho type player. He has obviously been brought up to play the ball and keep it. There was a passage of play where it was a goal mouth scramble. Any normal defender would just clear the ball away. But he decided to dribble it out of his own box like Ricky Villa against Man City.

Anyone who has a heart attack watching Foyth try and play out from the back will have a similar experience with Kim. Imagine Foyth and Kim in the same defence, you might as well have the ambulance on stand by.

He is bigger and stronger than Foyth, but he wasn't that great in the air tbh. His CB partner seemed a better out and out defender for clearing and cutting out any crosses.

We had Jan and Toby playing the ball out under Poch. Both were instructed to get the ball away under Mourinho. Foyth has been dropped by Mourinho. For that reason I can't see Mourinho going for Kim. I think he takes too much risk for Mourinho's liking.

TBH, there's no reason for both Kim / Spurs to hurry up. Only 1 yr left in his contract with the Chinese team, and his team wants to sell him at such a high price. Why not wait one more yr and get him for free?

Back
Top Bottom