Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think the chart can be helpful, but also shows how well a team is playing.

Robertson and Arnold are high up the progression ladder because of the way Pool plays wide and they are covered by their midfield.

Cesar? They play a back three so he is also up the field making runs.

Tackle numbers may be low for KWP, but not that bad when you consider he has played probably 100 less games in his career on average and so is being a little more cautious?

I think we are being overly harsh on a kid that has shown promise. The team is fucking up, not this kid

I think we all felt a little sorry for him once that opening goal went in - but his game improved from there on. A few disappointing balls in the box when given the opportunity but he didn't shy away from the ball and actually made a few decent runs. He was absolutely buzzing on Dele's live instagram after the game so I am happy for him.

Best thing Poch could do for him is start him at the weekend against Burnley. I don't know how serious Aurier's injury is but no point rushing him back and I'm pretty sure Trippier is out so give him another game and see what he can do without the pressures of one of the biggest games in the clubs recent history on his shoulders.

I thought he was great today.

Sort of game he SHOULD be playing in to build up confidence and get more top level game time under his belt. Saying that, I'd honestly just give him the shirt in the league for the rest of the season.

Do think he needs to bulk up a bit which I am sure will be a priority for him in the summer but other then that, good to go.

His positional sense was poor but I feel he's being unfairly dug out. Rose was also poor and both the goals came from Roses side not closing down properly.

He was targeted by Sterling who's possibly the best winger in world football atm, but hung in against him all game and even got the better of him most of the game.

He also wasn't helped by our tactics we basically surrendered the wings and overloaded the box and midfield. Sissoko was running on fumes it seemed to me and was struggling to track back and help him properly.

Made a couple mistakes but all in all he wasn't diabolical and the experience will do him good. Also think he looked very good going forward he left Sterling for dead a couple of times also.

He's being dug out unfairly by some on here I think

I thought KWP 1 on 1 defending was pretty damn good.

Positionally, not the greatest. But it's been so long since we've had a positionally perfect full back, that I'm not entirely shocked. Just compare that performance to the embarrassment Trippier served up against City and Sterling last season and it's a marked improvement.

Could do much worse than bringing him back

Why would he come back? We sent him away because his managers here didn’t rate him. He could play for a better club than Tottenham now and have a good laugh at us.

Poch made a big mistake trusting in Aurier and Foyth after we sold Trippier instead of KWP. We could have saved ourselves the £40m we spent on Emerson and Doherty.

Solid performance.

Got beaten by Atsu a few times and his crosses were mostly wasted but for a 20 year old's debut in a title fighting team, it was a solid performance and he'll only get better. I don't think he was man of the match, but I imagine him being a youngster, keeping a cleansheet and being on the winning team meant the commentators had that soft spot and it's a nice moment for him.
Just had a sift through the match thread - you made a good point about Dembele's positioning as regards KWP. It definitely looked like Poch told him to keep an eye on him.

Great debut btw and class by Poch to trust him.

nightmare start for him but he worked himself back into it and walked out with a passing grade in my opinion. He needs that type of experience to grow. Same as with Foyth's mistakes. If you do not make mistakes you don't learn

Really don't think that anyone can bitch about KWP's performance yesterday.

As with any player he needs a run of games to be judged over, and at the same time a run of games will help him get used to playing with his team mates, speed of PL etc - remember he's still only made about 10 appearances in PL in his career.

ManCity will not be an easy place to go to though, will Poch opt for the experience of Aurier, but accepting that he has made more mistakes at Spurs than might be expected of an international defender or stick with KWP. Or does he simply start rotating them, as he used to do with full backs.

Last edited:
Not at all sure what game some people were watching, but then we all know that there are a number of posters on here with massive agendas, KWP was arguably our best defender over 90 minutes. Did he get done by Sterling? yes he did at least twice badly over 90 minutes, show me a right back this season that Sterling won't do that to. However for the vast majority of the 90 minutes his pace and positioning saw him keep one of the best, on form attacking wide men pretty well contained.

If you look at all the numbers City attacked far more down the Rose side than the KWP side De Bruyne, who is just feckin' brilliant, moved to support Silva as the game progressed because that worked better for City than attacking KWP.

Did he struggle? of course he did but he battled through what will probably be his toughest test of the season and came out fighting ... well played lad

sLQvNdH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom