Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs sammyspurs regarding our conversation about it being weird to not sign a RB if he's not ready..

"No, maybe my English still needs to improve (laughs). Maybe I just want to explain to you that after Kieran Trippier's injury at Wembley last week we did not want to put all the pressure on him," he said.

"Maybe we need to go step by step with him. He is so young and I tried to avoid that, because only in my mind he was nearly 99% to play today. But if I told you he would play it's a massive pressure on him and sometimes to avoid that."

"For him it was fantastic to have the week training and knowing that he may have the possibility to play. Yesterday when I told him that he would play I think he was calm and ready because the pre-season was fantastic for him. To play in different games, tough games against Manchester City, Juventus or Roma or PSG.

Adorable. He's like a protective father.
Do everybody often reads a quote from Poch and be like all south american like me? Adding all the humph and extra meaningless word that usually omitted in the article?
Also thinking about the word philosophy so much. Hahaha.

J1jv5pU.jpg

The internet is stupid. but this sums things up quite nicely.

Great debut, but like he said, let's not get carried away.
It was very noticeable that when he got caught too far up when we lost the ball he didn't have the pace to get back quick enough.
it happened a few times. I think Dembele & Toby saved the day.

Feel so pleased to for him but let's not put too much pressure on the kid.

sammyspurs sammyspurs regarding our conversation about it being weird to not sign a RB if he's not ready..

"No, maybe my English still needs to improve (laughs). Maybe I just want to explain to you that after Kieran Trippier's injury at Wembley last week we did not want to put all the pressure on him," he said.

"Maybe we need to go step by step with him. He is so young and I tried to avoid that, because only in my mind he was nearly 99% to play today. But if I told you he would play it's a massive pressure on him and sometimes to avoid that."

"For him it was fantastic to have the week training and knowing that he may have the possibility to play. Yesterday when I told him that he would play I think he was calm and ready because the pre-season was fantastic for him. To play in different games, tough games against Manchester City, Juventus or Roma or PSG.

Adorable. He's like a protective father.
Clearly, we can't trust a word Poch says in his press conferences! ;)

Sky actually doing us a favour with that one.

Being clinical, I really can't see past it being a narrative-award though: in a similar fashion to Kyle Walker getting it yesterday against Brighton. Surely Eriksen, contributing with two assists, did more to deserve MotM today?

Regardless, happy for Walker-Peters and as you said it will only help his development. Thought he looked more and more solid as the game went on (and not simply due to playing against ten men).
I think they took into account it WAS his debut!
Eriksen does that most games... it was nothing new for him. That's what swung it IMHO.

I think the bee was buzzing too, right before it stung him on the lip.

Lovely stuff from KWP.
Was wondering if his lip is always like that, orchid Shelvey gave it a sly kick on his way off the field?

Funny little thing isn't he?

He's gonna be the new housewives Favourite... Until Coco returns of course!
:lamelashock:

Why the subtitles?
'coz he's black? It's like automatic now to assume we won't understand a word he says! The BBC do it all the time if anyone appearing on there is darker than a suntan!

Then again, it could be for our Far Eastern and American Cousins who genuinely can't understand a word we say over here!

Back
Top Bottom