Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep I’m still angry how he was treated by Poch.
Skipp was mismanaged too. I was getting angry at him for turning him into a potential Winks 2.0.

I could see his talent all the way back in 2017(?) When we beat Dortmund home and away.

Poch would only give him token minutes in the cup against against Rochdale or whoever, with a completely rotated side. That's no way for a young player to find his feet.

Skipp was mismanaged too. I was getting angry at him for turning him into a potential Winks 2.0.

I could see his talent all the way back in 2017(?) When we beat Dortmund home and away.

Poch would only give him token minutes in the cup against against Rochdale or whoever, with a completely rotated side. That's no way for a young player to find his feet.

The 19/20 pre-season Skipp and Tanganga were both excellent yet Poch ignored them. He ignored KWP after his very good performances for the first team too. His commitment to developing youth players was really overstated. It’s absurd that he preferred someone like Foyth to play as a RB instead of KWP.

There is nothing stopping us from buying him back.
A restrictive fee might well do. How much do you reckon Southampton would want for a young, HG, now England International?

Would have been smart to put a buyback arrangement in there like Chelsea did with Livramento, but I don't recall reading about one at the time of the transfer.

A restrictive fee might well do. How much do you reckon Southampton would want for a young, HG, now England International?

Would have been smart to put a buyback arrangement in there like Chelsea did with Livramento, but I don't recall reading about one at the time of the transfer.
The price would be appropriate I'm sure.

Just like paying both Poch's (£9m) salary and Jose's (£15m) salary at the same time a combined £24m per year!!!

All depends on whether we (Conte) wants him and whether KWP would want to come back. There is a huge competition for England FB's/WB's at this moment in time, so I'm sure the price isn't in the realms of a £50m Kyle Walker who at that point in time was clear of literally everyone.

The 19/20 pre-season Skipp and Tanganga were both excellent yet Poch ignored them. He ignored KWP after his very good performances for the first team too. His commitment to developing youth players was really overstated. It’s absurd that he preferred someone like Foyth to play as a RB instead of KWP.

All of them have improved though. KWP played quite a lot for us but was defensively suspect hence why Foyth was used at RB and even Foyth had errors in his game back then. Neither where good enough at the time or at least for a team looking beyond a mid table position.

Obviously the improvement has been significant since that point but it’s like Scarlett, lots of potential but not ready. It’s why I think going forward loans would be the best option for our young players. Like Skipp who went to Norwich and came back improved.

All of them have improved though. KWP played quite a lot for us but was defensively suspect hence why Foyth was used at RB and even Foyth had errors in his game back then. Neither where good enough at the time or at least for a team looking beyond a mid table position.

Obviously the improvement has been significant since that point but it’s like Scarlett, lots of potential but not ready. It’s why I think going forward loans would be the best option for our young players. Like Skipp who went to Norwich and came back improved.

Should have sent him on loan then, the 2017/18 & 2018/19 season where we essentially had 3 right backs should have seen him get some mins, Ideally he should have gone in the 2017/18 season and then come back ready the following year when Trippier left, no way we should have been left with Aurier and Foyth as our RB options.

Back
Top Bottom