Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again I'll say Wages will always be our downfall, let's be realistic here, teams like Liverpool City Utd etc are not that far behind us and infact we are all around a similar level yet they pay their best players 150k+/week while we pay around 70-100k... It might be ok now but in no way is it sutainable for the future in keeping and attracting talent

Yes but Saints lose their players every year and yet come back just as strong. Long as we get £60 million for say Walker (with Levy that is realistic) we have already nearly funded getting Zaha, Sessengnon, Barkley etc

Simply long as we get our players on long terms deals and Walker is on one, we will get crazy fees and I trust Pochettino to use it to get 2-4 players each time to make us even stronger.

Dele and Kane I want to keep obviously but they would be stupid fees, if Pogba is £90 million then Dele is £150 million, we could get Bernardo Silva, Lamar and Tielemans for just one player.

We keep our players on long deals and keep Pochettino our team will keep growing regardless of the particular individuals at the time. Pochettino is the one I dread leaving.

I heard somewhere about the rumor that his WAG isn't happy in London and they're Sheffield through and through and how he misses being in Sheffield. Just Google Mapped London to Sheffield and it's a 2 hour trip. 2 fucking hours!
:dembelelol:

You English and your distances crack me up.
I know! And also if ur husband/boyfriend is earning upwards of 60k a week you can grin a bare the terrible hardship of being 2 whole hours away from Sheffield.

I mean they don't even need to live in London. Live an hour outside. Cut the trip to the wonderland that is Sheffield in half....then again Walker probably isn't bright enough to think of that.

I like Walker and would like him to stay, but if he is angling for a move then he is probably one that I wouldn't miss as much as say The Moose, Jan, Toby, Danny, etc etc etc. Don't want anybody at our club that isn't 100% committed to the cause. We have survived losing better players than Walker and will continue to get even better as long as there isn't a mass exodus and we keep Poch. If any player thinks he is going to have a better playing experience elsewhere, they really need to have their bumps felt. Of course they can earn more elsewhere, but hopefully they will realise that money isn't everything and they can supplement their 'meagre' income by umpteen merchandise deals. The grass isn't always greener boys.

If he leaves, he is crazy! Fullbacks elevate to another level with Poch, based on training and tactics! Has happened at Southampton and here. Walker will flop if he goes to Man City. Like it has happened with fullbacks who played so well with Poch and were unable to replicate that in another team. I hope for his sake, he sticks with Poch and Spurs!

Walker would be stupid to go. He's become the best RB in the league at Spurs and a move to City wouldn't exactly be a step up. Maybe he'll get another £40k a week, but he'll decline as a player.

I could understand if it were Bayern, Barca or Madrid in for him, but City?

If we were to look for replacements then I wouldn't mind Cedric from Southampton. I can't really name that many top right backs out there as good as Walker who will be available.

Walker would be stupid to go. He's become the best RB in the league at Spurs and a move to City wouldn't exactly be a step up. Maybe he'll get another £40k a week, but he'll decline as a player.

I could understand if it were Bayern, Barca or Madrid in for him, but City?

If we were to look for replacements then I wouldn't mind Cedric from Southampton. I can't really name that many top right backs out there as good as Walker who will be available.

The system makes a difference, in 352 I think Trippier is better, Dier effectively does the defending while Trippier is able to use his top quality passing and crossing to hurt the opposition.

In 4231 Trippier has more to cover and that is where his pace can be exposed more and where Walkers athleticism really helps. Heard in the youth team we have an amazing young right back called Kyle Walker-Peters who Poch really believes in so it may come via the youth set up.

Players make excuses regards wanting to leave a club but it boils down to money simple as that city or united can pay him far more than we can but playing/career wise he will be worse off but that's his look out! His career obviously doesn't mean that much to him! But if the likes of Barca,Bayern are an option then that's progression,then fair enough....good luck

Yes but Saints lose their players every year and yet come back just as strong. Long as we get £60 million for say Walker (with Levy that is realistic) we have already nearly funded getting Zaha, Sessengnon, Barkley etc

Simply long as we get our players on long terms deals and Walker is on one, we will get crazy fees and I trust Pochettino to use it to get 2-4 players each time to make us even stronger.

Dele and Kane I want to keep obviously but they would be stupid fees, if Pogba is £90 million then Dele is £150 million, we could get Bernardo Silva, Lamar and Tielemans for just one player.

We keep our players on long deals and keep Pochettino our team will keep growing regardless of the particular individuals at the time. Pochettino is the one I dread leaving.
Yeah that actually makes sense

There was a Snapchat video I saw after the City away game on a plane. I think Walker was asked a question about leaving Spurs for City for big ££ and I'm sure his reply was along the lines of I'd have to be dead.

Walker is one of the more jovial players in the group. He's great for team morale.
It doesn't ring true becuase when Townsend got upset, he was never seen again around the squad.
Also I can't see them having a bust up, him demanding a move, then Poch having him around the dressing room, on the Bench and then play him.
He would be nowhere near that team and Walker Peters would have been on the bench
It could be amicable, but then I would think why now of all years.

There was a Snapchat video I saw after the City away game on a plane. I think Walker was asked a question about leaving Spurs for City for big ££ and I'm sure his reply was along the lines of I'd have to be dead.

He said "Tottenham 'til I die" - although I think you've interpreted it a bit literally

:walker-scream:

If he leaves, he is crazy! Fullbacks elevate to another level with Poch, based on training and tactics! Has happened at Southampton and here. Walker will flop if he goes to Man City. Like it has happened with fullbacks who played so well with Poch and were unable to replicate that in another team. I hope for his sake, he sticks with Poch and Spurs!

This, Pochettino is a full back maker. Just look at the likes of Shaw, Clyne, Chambers, Rose, Walker, (Davies and Tripps to a lesser extent) all have been great under Pochettino. The ones that went elsewhere though haven't been as consistent and actually been overtaken by Pochettino's current wing backs. Walker leaving for financial reasons then fair enough. Walker leaving for sporting reasons then he would be mad as we are going places.

Timing of this story is awful. That's the biggest issue. Poch and the others have a job to do still so hearing so much of a peep of a first team player wanting out is not good now. But equally the timing suggests this is a crass bullshit article.

The guys still possibly going to win the league, will be in the Champions League and will remain first choice RB for club / country. If he is angling to move now to Shity or United then he is a greedy dick head who we frankly don't need around. Neither team have guaranteed anything this season. Neither team are likely to close the gap next season.

At the end of the day the squad is number 1 priority. Everyone can see Trippier deserves to be starting games, so if Walker can't handle that then that is his problem, not ours. But hardly likely to be the case.

So what's left is the prospect of personal issues being behind this, if that's true hardly likely to have been leaked now is it ?

Shity might well be trying to turn his head, but so be it. If they are so fucking stupid to wank 50+ million on ANY FULL back they deserve to be laughed at.

Not fussed about him going to be honest, trippier is more than able to replace and his delivery is something over the course of a season Kane, Alli and co could profit from.

Walker is the easiest in the squad to replace imo.

He's been at the club for so long now that I'd be sad to see him go. That said I do think that he's the most replaceable of any player in our ideal starting XI

Back
Top Bottom