Leandro Damiao or Eden Hazard ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kalyl said:
just a shame he he's been inj for parts of the season and can't get a look in with 'Arry's rotation policy
Right before Bolton KO, Harry said something about how Sandro 'asn't 'ad a game in f'rever, and that he was completely spent after his last performance. So if we're being charitable to Redknapp, Sandro is building up his stamina, still.

Éperons said:
Kalyl said:
just a shame he he's been inj for parts of the season and can't get a look in with 'Arry's rotation policy
Right before Bolton KO, Harry said something about how Sandro 'asn't 'ad a game in f'rever, and that he was completely spent after his last performance. So if we're being charitable to Redknapp, Sandro is building up his stamina, still.
seeing how it was his 2nd-4th game back from that calf tear/strain or w/e it was playing 76mins against chelsea away I'm not surprised he was knackered, training and match is worlds apart and Sandro's game is all about closing down and making tackles. He also ran the length of the pitch a few times to not only defend. he lasted full matches last season when he broke into the team and played wonderfully, so I'm still of the belief it's just a match fitness problem, not anything else

electrickeeper said:
bensonrecon said:
If we don't lose anyone in the summer from midfield then Leandro all day. Creating chances isn't an issue. He's a high profile Brazilian striker that is drawing big club attention. You'll be hard pressed to name any over the course of football history that fit into that bracket that have failed in Europe.
Not necessarily failed, but Jo and Fred (of Lyon) didn't exactly light the world on fire.

Wouldn't exactly call them "high profile" either. That said Fred did get 34 in 88.

By high profile I'm talking the likes of Romario, Ronaldo, Hulk, Pato...hell even tubby Adriano had a good ratio on the continent. Leandro is drawing that type of interest. Sure it's still a risk but even if he doesn't live up to the hype we'd still get good bank on resale

Sorry for being so blunt but those proposing Mexes must not have seen him play recently , he is well shite. Defensive he's good but his passing and build up play is terrible.

And obviously i would pick Hazard , i have been wanting a good Belgian player at Spurs since Nico Claesen ... (dont mention Blondel , seriously just don't ). But maybe we need a Damiao more , cant say i have seen enough of him to jugde the rumour around the brand

id have to go damiao purely because if you look at the stats after games
we have loads of shots on target but our ability to get it beyond the keeper
is a serious let down. if we scored even 20% more of the missed chances we'd
be winning the league this season.

Back
Top Bottom