***** Leeds United v Spursingham Hotshots -Sunday 28th of Hell ,16:30 *******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you like pina coladas ?

• Scrabble > monopoly

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Argon inert gas

Votes: 39 54.2%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 22 30.6%

• Total voters
I am not ready for him to leave. It's dawning on me that we're watching our generation's Greaves, and once he's gone there's gonna be such a void.
Haaland had an amazing year, but Harry is by far the player of the year. Put him on Manchester United and he would set records that would stand for a long, long time. This season he kept the team in it for longer than it should have been and kept the bad times from being worse.

If he had gone to City the way he tried to engineer a move , it would have left a sour note.
No one will begrudge him now and in between he took Jimmy Greaves record. He’s been brilliant in a season mired in mediocrity. Let’s take the 80m or whatever it is and try to spend it well.
People keep saying this and, for the record, I would begrudge him!

I'm a Spurs fan first and foremost.

Spurs are better with Kane.

If we get an unbelievable offer then maybe but otherwise keep him.

All this talk of 'he should go and win trophies somewhere else'. How about he stays and helps Spurs win something?!

If he had gone to City the way he tried to engineer a move , it would have left a sour note.
No one will begrudge him now and in between he took Jimmy Greaves record. He’s been brilliant in a season mired in mediocrity. Let’s take the 80m or whatever it is and try to spend it well.
Can't bear the thought of Kane scoring another 60 over the next two seasons at City, and having a big shindig with Sky sports fawning over him, with pictures of Kane in his city kit. While we watch on from a distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed the day - best away day in a long time / gives genuine hope for the future - a reminder following Tottenham is supposed to be fun
Spurs fans were fantastic personal favourite chant was we are staying up!! And the new kulu one

Great to see the yoof getting pitch time

Looking forward I still think nagelsmann would be the most exciting appointment but if kane agreed to a 3 year deal (should get him shearers record) on condition mason gets the managers job I’d be happy

Checking the score yesterday was hoping for a Kane hat trick. Just seen the Lucas goal. Will take that instead.

Little reminder to one of the most memorable Spurs games of my life. Great way to sign off.
I do love a happy ending.

And Chelsea in the relegation spots over last 10 games.
Be interesting to see if us or Chelsea sort out our shit better after letting rookie managers loose on their football clubs for some unknown reasons.

Checking the score yesterday was hoping for a Kane hat trick. Just seen the Lucas goal. Will take that instead.

Little reminder to one of the most memorable Spurs games of my life. Great way to sign off.

Be interesting to see if us or Chelsea sort out our shit better after letting rookie managers loose on their football clubs for some unknown reasons.
It’s funny, I’d say Mason has much more to him than Lampard - if we compare the two rookies.

I think Lampard will never amount to anything in management.

Obviously we don't know who we'll have in charge yet but, as much as I rate Poch, I think he'll struggle early doors.

Regardless of who they had brought in, they have too many players and will struggle to get rid of any but the better ones.

As soon as the transfer window shuts, he's bound to be left with some unhappy players who'll then cause more issues.

Tough early fixtures and he'll be on the back foot straight away.

We finished 11th in 2008
The team were on the beach as soon as they won the Carling Cup. Very disappointed that we didn't push on to win the UEFA Cup as well. PSV were beatable as were Rangers and Zenit St Petersburg who contested the final.

Our post Carling Cup Final performance in 08/09 was much better. We lost the final but we played our guts out to secure European football but the damage from the Ramos meltdown was too great and we finished 8th. The good news is that the seeds were sown for Champions League qualification in the following season.

Sadly, I feel that the end to this season has more in common with the former performance than the latter. Moura's goal has done much to restore hope, though.

Obviously we don't know who we'll have in charge yet but, as much as I rate Poch, I think he'll struggle early doors.

Regardless of who they had brought in, they have too many players and will struggle to get rid of any but the better ones.

As soon as the transfer window shuts, he's bound to be left with some unhappy players who'll then cause more issues.

Tough early fixtures and he'll be on the back foot straight away.

There will be a sizeable portion of their fanbase who want him out before he begins.

I think he will do well to last a season there.

Going to depend on their expectations - top 4. No chance. Top 8 is more their level next season. Lovely to see.

He better have negotiated a good pay off structure for when they sack him anyway.

People keep saying this and, for the record, I would begrudge him!

I'm a Spurs fan first and foremost.

Spurs are better with Kane.

If we get an unbelievable offer then maybe but otherwise keep him.

All this talk of 'he should go and win trophies somewhere else'. How about he stays and helps Spurs win something?!

He is an elite player. For the club to keep elite players you must have a plan to keep yourself at an elite level.

Yes Kane shares some blame for buying into First Mourinho and then Conte (especially the former) but the club are primarily culpable for deviating way from what made them good.

As soon as he signed that six year deal in 2018, it should have been used as a cushion to start rebuilding the team around him. I’m not even talking from hindsight here.

Instead they were stagnant for a year and have been chasing our tails ever since trying to catch up.

The way I see it, the club wasted 4 years of his career. He owes them nothing. And it serves Levy just right. Kane staying will only reward his incompetence.

And yes I’m using “they” and “the club” because I feel so detached from the whole thing. Can’t stand the owners and so many of these players are not of the standard required, especially that fraudulent leaders group.

Back
Top Bottom