Leicester City vs Spurs - Saturday 11th Feb, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're not alone mate. This one has pissed me right off. All around shocking from the players to the manager.

Just so tired of the same old underperformers (Son, Dier, etc) and same predictable shit from Conte.

But what irks me the most is that they can show up for a game against City which does Woolwich a massive favour though.
Woolwich be fucked. I can’t take our abject performance, especially after the false dawn of Man City in this shit show Of a season.

Relegation numbers with Harry Kane.

Is it just me or did two of Leicester's goals look slow bobbly shots that any keeper should be getting to. Forster is an awful keepe for me, his debut at Brentford was awful and again today he was poor..so we're others yes but he is crap for me. We need two keepers in the summer.

Flashback to standardized testing in grammar school...Leicester is to Tottenham as Tottenham is to Manchester City.

It really shouldn't be surprising anyone how this week has turned out. This is how these two fixtures always turn out.

Frustrating, no doubt. But I don't have the energy to get apoplectic over this shit. Just hope we run Conte off soon and move the fuck on.

Kane was terrible today.

Why does he always get a pass?

Conte should have yanked him at half time.
Why does he get a pass??? He's having a tremendous season. Do you want him to win every match for us? He put plenty of passes to sonny or kulu or perisic and it was just wasted.

Should have yanked kane off at half time??? Are are joking? Perisic and sonny deserved to stay on yeah? Son has been awful in every game pretty much. Yet a 60m richarlison does not get a sniff

I meant as a team, I thought we were going to crack on for the rest of the season, stupid of me to believe tbh.

That doesn't mean we are in a healthy place as a club though, the fact is, Levy is still a problem and will remain a problem because he doesn't know how to run the football side of the operations.
A CEO shouldn´t run the footballing side, that´s just bizarre!!

The Technical director runs the footballing side

I’m guessing the team are all thinking about the CL tie in Milan.

They better show up for that.
Then they must have been doing that all season!

inspector clouseau GIF

Actually I suspect they do exactly what Conte wants them to do - he limits the options of most his players with his rigid tactical thinking. Think a lot of the players would perform way better with different tactics and a new manager!
Totally agree!

A lot of Contes former players have expressed that they had no creative freedom at all, and where pumped with tactics dictating their every move.

I´m pretty sure that is why Son is having a miserable time. Even Kane is unrecognizable, yes he´s still a magnificent goalscorer. But he used to be an outstanding playmaker to, not this season.

To focus so much on defense when we have awful defenders but really good attackers is just mind-boggling. Contes defensive system suffocates our offensive players.

And when we are chasing games he subs on more defenders than attackers, what is that about?

I want Conte out now.

And i don´t care how many disagrees i get, i say get Poch in now! At least we will die trying.

Sat right by the Leicester lot today, another club who we live rent free into their heads.

Shit song after shit song about us, they are another bitter nothing team. They’ll be banging on about winning the league that year in 40 years time.

Apparently, Spurs have won fuck all listening to them. Eight FA cups, a double, being the first UK cup to win a European trophy etc etc count for nothing then fuckwits.

Where to start on this one...

Forster looked okay...ish. Looking back at the goals, you can point the finger to multiple people, so blaming only him is unfair. Him making 2 very good saves also helps in that regard.

Tanganga was by far the better CB out of a terrible bunch, and even he fucked it up completely in their disallowed goal, so I wouldn't have that as a badge of honour.

Dier and Davies terrible, but Perisic was the worst by far. He started the season extremely well, but has looked very shaky since the 4-2 game against City. Having Sessegnon as the alternative doesn't help our cause at all. Dier not coming out for a tackle and giving the striker space is going to be the end of me.

By far the worst game Kulusevski has played for us, nothing got going. A very bad day at the office for him, but he has enough credibility to believe that this is a one-off.

Son has to be dropped. Seriously. I said during a match "If he were a horse, he'd be put down by now" and I really do believe it. He's becoming a major liability in this side.

I'm very-much a Conte in guy, but you have to say he got completely out-coached by Rodgers today. Full credit to Rodgers, he knew how to pressure us, when to play us, and where our weaknesses were. A masterclass by him. Dare I say Conte had one eye in Milan?

I'm not angry about this result in all honesty. Maybe the draws of Woolwich, Chelsea and Brighton softened the blow. However this is a major, major call for this team to wake up. The reaction to this will be very telling.

The biggest blow looked the injury to Bentancur, especially now that Bissouma is out as well. To me it looked like an ACL, even though he started walking when he left the field. Hopefully I'm VERY wrong on that.

Now, more Spurs than ever. Onwards and upwards.
1. Conte gets out-coached by every manager
2. You should be
3. How many wake up calls does this team need? They have had plenty the last 4 years without improving. We need to sell 8-10 of them who never "wakes up"

Totally agree!

A lot of Contes former players have expressed that they had no creative freedom at all, and where pumped with tactics dictating their every move.

I´m pretty sure that is why Son is having a miserable time. Even Kane is unrecognizable, yes he´s still a magnificent goalscorer. But he used to be an outstanding playmaker to, not this season.

To focus so much on defense when we have awful defenders but really good attackers is just mind-boggling. Contes defensive system suffocates our offensive players.

And when we are chasing games he subs on more defenders than attackers, what is that about?

I want Conte out now.

And i don´t care how many disagrees i get, i say get Poch in now! At least we will die trying.
I'm not some football savant but even I can tell that Son should not be dropping deep to receive the ball from CBs, he can't handle having a CB up his arse and coughs up the ball every time.

He is the weakest player in our squad, even Bryan Gil enjoys a tussle more than Son. We had a working formula. Kane drops deep, Son makes the run. Ocassionally, Kulu makes a run, crosses into the box. Since Conte's tactics hasn't worked he could revert to the old reliable route to goal.

He refuses to adjust, we've lost our counter attacking prowess since he came in.

Back
Top Bottom