Leicester City vs Spurs - Saturday 11th Feb, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I remember he didn't have to make a save either, we created nothing after the goal.
Just one Kane shot from distance on 88. However in how many games this season could you say we worked the keeper after carving out chances? Other than the odd break away goal which is now rarer than Haley’s comet most of our goals are from corners. Even yday it was a fluke from a corner. Conteball doesn’t create chances. Unlike Leicester who had many good chances.

We've had Dier Davies and Tanganga for years. Perhaps getting decent central defenders in the summer may have helped. Forster is not a long term replacement for Hugo, that should have been addressed in the summer too. Again no long term planning from the club.
So yes I do blame levy and the club for having no plan and giving zero shits about the fans
Yes Levy is to blame but so are conte and patrici who basically look for the hear and now. They spent a shed load and not one player has walked into the first team other than peri and that is bcos sess is wank. Young players have been discarded or given no minutes. Unless it’s a shiny new £50M player conte like then he won’t play them! Even richarlison who I don’t rate conte hasn’t even played him when available.

One game against Bournemouth doesn’t define their season. Look at us vs Leicester. Liverpool smashed by wolves. United thumped by brentford.

Newcastle have a +22 GD and absolutely deserve to be where they are in the table. Only other teams above 10 are Brighton (11), Woolwich (28) and city (32). Easy to see why they are getting praise. They are organized and have only lost 1 league game all season. We’ve lost 4 since the new year.
They have a +22 GD because they've conceded like 12 goals. Every time I've watched them they've looked average but hard to score against. They've won less games than us, scored less goals than us and, trust me, are no more entertaining to watch than us.

You don't want what they currently have.

They’re 4th!!

So would you be happy with the lowest number of goals per game in the league (for and against) time wasting, gamesmanship, diving, Dan Burn from corners, Almirons eyebrows, just to swap places in the league?

The general concensus here is that we're boring. They're boring.
If the argument is that they're hard to beat then sure, swap places and watch draw after draw after draw.

Conte said it straight up after the move: "Porro has a lot of experience and is ready to start right away". (paraphrase)

You're showing a disturbing lack of faith in Conte's infallability. Do you really support Spurs, son?
Based on what I saw today what is the diff between porro and reg? I reckon for all his faults reg is still a better LWB than sess or peri. Has the pace and engine to get up and down. Under Dino mk1 he even played lb.

Conte has lost the plot completely. We were 3-1 down with less than 15mins to go & he thought that the best way for us to get back into the game was by bringing on 2 defenders & leave 3 attacking players on the bench! What other manager in their right mind would do that. We need to get rid of him now & start building for next season.

Matt1882 you're totally correct that Newcastle are dull as dishwasher to watch and we should not aspire towards their style of play....
However...if it is a case of would I rather be them or us right now then surely you would take the position they're in? They've more points than us and are a well coached & drilled side who know what they want to be. Yes they're boring but they are hard to beat.
What are we? I just don't get the direction we are in. Our system is ultra defensive and yet we concede by the buckets. It makes no sense. Someone mentioned we are 3rd for goals scored. Staggering, because those goals feel like they've dried up the past few months. I'd love to know where we rank for goals scored and conceded in the last 10 league games, for example.

Totally agree!

A lot of Contes former players have expressed that they had no creative freedom at all, and where pumped with tactics dictating their every move.

I´m pretty sure that is why Son is having a miserable time. Even Kane is unrecognizable, yes he´s still a magnificent goalscorer. But he used to be an outstanding playmaker to, not this season.

To focus so much on defense when we have awful defenders but really good attackers is just mind-boggling. Contes defensive system suffocates our offensive players.

And when we are chasing games he subs on more defenders than attackers, what is that about?

I want Conte out now.

And i don´t care how many disagrees i get, i say get Poch in now! At least we will die trying.
He subs on more defenders as often the bench is 90% defenders on it. Remember a few ganes ago Sarr Soence and white didn’t make the bench at all. Yet donkeys in defence did. Bcos his so wedded to his back 5.

Matt1882 you're totally correct that Newcastle are dull as dishwasher to watch and we should not aspire towards their style of play....
However...if it is a case of would I rather be them or us right now then surely you would take the position they're in? They've more points than us and are a well coached & drilled side who know what they want to be. Yes they're boring but they are hard to beat.
What are we? I just don't get the direction we are in. Our system is ultra defensive and yet we concede by the buckets. It makes no sense. Someone mentioned we are 3rd for goals scored. Staggering, because those goals feel like they've dried up the past few months. I'd love to know where we rank for goals scored and conceded in the last 10 league games, for example.
If toon are boring then what the fuck are we. I’ve seen a few of the ganes and at home especially they do go for it with the crowd behind them. I don’t see a real defensive team. They don’t play 7 defencive players. also how comes they can defend better than we do.? It’s bcos they actual make an effort and run. Look at our strategy it’s basically to just get everyone behind the ball. However no one actually goes to a player. It’s zonal defending almost. We often have 7 players stringed along the 6 yard line all deep. How many times have you seen opposition players in the edge of our box have acres of space. Look at Mendy yday no one near him and peri who half heartly goes out stops 5 yards from and let’s him shoot. No attempt to block. Sane with dier for other two goals.

Conte has lost the plot completely. We were 3-1 down with less than 15mins to go & he thought that the best way for us to get back into the game was by bringing on 2 defenders & leave 3 attacking players on the bench! What other manager in their right mind would do that. We need to get rid of him now & start building for next season.
At 3-1 the game is likely gone. Go for broke, and just attack. You might end up with a point. We didn't and then conceded another. 🤦‍♀️

Where we rank overall is about 10th on current form I think.

In our last 10 games we are:

W 4
D 1
L 5

F 16
A 19

After we beat Brighton 0-1 I wrote this and got 17 dislikes and thoroughly criticised…

‘I must admit I have virtually given up on Spurs for yet another season. Did I say season? No what I mean is for yet another ‘manager’. WE ARE SHIT. I have can’t remember the last time we were playing such abysmal football. And please don’t give me any cunting shit about league position, defensive quality or any other fucking excuses. We will be stuffed by any team with a decent midfield because all we play is defensive turgid shit. And Conte won’t change because he is an arrogant wig wearing cunt’

Looks like there is a few of you who might now be inclined to agree?

Back
Top Bottom