Let’s get along

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m willing to throw out the olive branch

Let’s have an unwritten rule that off topic and politics is one thing but how about we ALL keep the poison out the Spurs forum?

I’ll happily take all cunts fellow yiddos off ignore and not get personal and antagonistic if we can just debate Spurs.

Doesn’t have to be a circle jerk of agreement, but we’re all Spurs and I’ve genuinely forgotten that we’re all here for the good of the club.
We’re not enemies.

I've got no time for when posters resort to personal insults just because you disagree on a football matter. Was one the other day calling me an idiot and others a prick in the Fulham thread just because we had a different view on the game. Totally uncalled for and such posters I find quite sad actually.

Also, I'd just like posters to stay on topic and not stink up threads. Countless times I've gone on the "Come here to laugh at..." threads only to read page after page of irrelevant bickering and not a meme or piss-take in sight (which you've been guilty of sammyspurs sammyspurs btw).

Well, nice initiative. Let's see if it can hold out longer than the Spurs defence as they try to hang on to the one nil tomorrow!

Last edited:
As someone who mostly lurks it would be nice if not every thread turned into 5-10 pages of insults every time there's a disagreement but as everyone has too much time on their hands these days I won't hold my breath.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."​

Stephen Fry

Is this thread made because Sammy is on a yellow and is trying to be cautious?? :)

In all seriousness, it would be nice to have disagreements without them turning into insults. Let's save the insults for Woolwich and Chelsea fans.

Great thread. Was guilty of provoking/sustaining the odd cunt off down the years on here before realising that life’s too short to spend hours on pointless back and forth insult trading with complete strangers.
Me and my lad have met a few people from the forum at matches and they are genuinely good people - some with strong opinions.
Bottom line is, there aren’t many who would speak like they do on here to people if they were stood in front of them. Emotions run high on occasion, & disappointment is a killer sometimes. But the internet can often be a place where normal people turn into absolute twats. I include myself in that category.
Im all in for some decent debate without resorting to shit throwing.
Let’s all be friends.
Apart from you sammyspurs sammyspurs
You can fuck right off.

:dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom