Let Me Brace Myself....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone here ever listen to Alan Davies' Tuesday Club podcast? Yeah, it's a Gooner pod, but is generally funny as fuck. Especially the last year's worth as Woolwich got more and more shit. Almunia the "Morris Dancer" always gets me. Shame he doesn't play for them anymore as he was always good entertainment.

...."Now what you don't want to see comin' into the picture here...........................is the keeper."

I'll brace myself for the abuse.

Never listened to it, don't like Alan Davies...but if they do self-deprecation then some of the gooner trolls that frequent my blog need to get on it asap.

I suppose being American, I don't live amongst Gooners, never experienced daily abuse from them, etc so the true deep lying hatred isn't there. Well, I can't stand the club itself, but since I've never had the experience of nastiness from Woolwich fans, I can't act like a poser and say I hate all of them too, which is why I enjoy the podcast. The self deprication is music to my ears.

I honestly stumbled onto it by chance due to a lack of decently entertaining footie podcasts and it stuck.

For any of my UK brothers & sisters, imagine it like you decided to be a Boston Red Sox fan in baseball but found a New York Yankees podcast you enjoyed because the hosts were entertaining. You hate the team, but havent really had a bust up with a Yankees fan or had them hurl abuse at you non stop every day of your life so the pure deep down hate isn't there. There is still that bit of detachment from it all.

Mike in Parma said:
I suppose being American, I don't live amongst Gooners, never experienced daily abuse from them, etc so the true deep lying hatred isn't there. Well, I can't stand the club itself, but since I've never had the experience of nastiness from a***nal fans, I can't act like a poser and say I hate all of them too, which is why I enjoy the podcast. The self deprication is music to my ears.

I honestly stumbled onto it by chance due to a lack of decently entertaining footie podcasts and it stuck.

For any of my UK brothers & sisters, imagine it like you decided to be a Boston Red Sox fan in baseball but found a New York Yankees podcast you enjoyed because the hosts were entertaining. You hate the team, but havent really had a bust up with a Yankees fan or had them hurl abuse at you non stop every day of your life so the pure deep down hate isn't there. There is still that bit of detachment from it all.
fair enough, at least you're honest about that.

I absolutely hate Alan Davies so listening to him for an hour isn't my idea of fun.

Mike in Parma said:
Anyone here ever listen to Alan Davies' Tuesday Club podcast? Yeah, it's a Gooner pod, but is generally funny as fuck. Especially the last year's worth as a***nal got more and more shit. Almunia the "Morris Dancer" always gets me. Shame he doesn't play for them anymore as he was always good entertainment.

...."Now what you don't want to see comin' into the picture here...........................is the keeper."

I'll brace myself for the abuse.

I'd rather eat my own shit.

Mike in Parma said:
I suppose being American, I don't live amongst Gooners, never experienced daily abuse from them, etc so the true deep lying hatred isn't there. Well, I can't stand the club itself, but since I've never had the experience of nastiness from a***nal fans, I can't act like a poser and say I hate all of them too, which is why I enjoy the podcast. The self deprication is music to my ears.

fuck the yankees and the red sox. cunts all of em

For a while I was like OP. I didn't grow up around Gooners so I can't relate to that aspect of the rivalry. For a while I even somewhat respected Woolwich because they are about the only other team that believes in sensible management, and their success wasn't won by means of a fat check book. But, in the past few months my hatred for them has been growing by leaps and bounds. Virtually everything I read from Gooners is pure shit. That extends from the coach, to the players, to the fans. Every word out of their mouths wreaks of arrogance and hubris. It also smells suspiciously like garbage.

Just about every day I read something from a Gooner, be it Wenger, Wilshere, or the common fan, that so greatly offends me that my hatred is fast approaching an intolerable level that, to me at least, seems unnatural for an American.

Dr. Filth said:
Mike in Parma said:

fuck the yankees and the red sox. cunts all of em

I feel that way about the Yanks and the Chowds and I AM American. The Tampa Bay Rays are as competitive on a fraction of the payroll. New York $200M+....Boston $175M+.....Tampa <$40M. Eat shit you brand name bitchez!

Back to the discussion at hand. I knew I hated Woolwich before I fell in love with Spurs. Every facet of Goonerdom is absolutely loathsome. Wilshere is the embodiment of cuntiness. In fact, he's becoming more famous for being a cunt than a footballer. Just google the two words. Even Gooners think he's cunty.

Mike in Parma said:

Baseball is a girl's game.....end of

Mike in Parma said:
Not much for an analogy, huh.
:laugh: just wanted to make sure no one ended up rooting for the bad gays. with spurs and Woolwich there are obvious good guys and bad guys. with yanks sawx there are only cunts and cunts that claim not to be cunts

Dr. Filth said:
Mike in Parma said:
Not much for an analogy, huh.
:laugh: just wanted to make sure no one ended up rooting for the bad gays. with spurs and a***nal there are obvious good guys and bad guys. with yanks sawx there are only cunts and cunts that claim not to be cunts

I'm a Cleveland Indians fan anyway. Grown up with em all my life.

I suppose, the bottom line in all this is I don't have enough hate in me. :(

I can't stand the man, his hair is like one of those Puli dogs, smug rubbery face, a lisp or some sort of speech impediment AND a gooner. I wouldn't waste my time on him, sorry.

On the Spurs Show last week, they said that Ray Davies (Kinks frontman) is a staunch gooner, a part of me died inside. I bloody love him but feel a bit sick about that. I never liked Roger Daltrey although I liked The Who so I couldn't give a fuck about his leanings.

Back
Top Bottom