let me take you back...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just found this in the basement at work.

U0bwy.jpg

Yes, thats from 97/98

So, as you do, I had a flick through, some of the players in there considered superstars was truly hilarious but something jumped out at me that I think has some resonance based on all the fuss about fans booing, our supposed 'bad' start and Levy's transfer antics.

n9a2E.jpg

So when I see people even moaning about Levy let alone actually openly criticizing him I just look back to the above and think myself lucky Levy got involved when he did.

I love how the "he saved the club" comment is brushed off as an aside. Like we could have continued to play attractive football without a club!!

I actually dug my copy of this out the other day. The entry on Sheringham is so backhanded, it's hilarious. "Not as bad as the average man in the pub seems to thinks he is..."

I am more puzzled by the fact you were concentrating on archived paperwork down in the basement rather than getting the dirty bitches down there. Sigh. The good old days. Life's a bitch,then u marry one.

It also had Nathan Blake (remember him) and Igor Stimac (who is now Croatia coach) as premiership Superstars.

Ryan Giggs was 23 when written ha-ha.

Thelonious said:
Sugar laid the foundations, Levy carried on the good work.

Not sure I agree with that.

There were plenty of top players that would have joined us, for example Dennis Bergkamp, had Sugar not been such a dick.

Levy is tight with the purse strings but never condescending in contract negotiations in the manner in which Sugar was.

Ah, Sugar...

Takes me back to my first home game, at which the fans were singing
"Ooooh, Alan Sugar
7 years at Tottenham and we won fuck all"

Saw a great tweet the other day by @TimUltra saying "Memory of standing on terraces chanting "Alan Sugar where's your money"as the club faced the wall means I will never boo my club. Never!"

Back
Top Bottom